Now with More Wood

Bonking ... not feelin' well Cyclone Yasi - shout out to our OZ friends!

Looks like some serious $hit headed your way guys, be safe, and get your shovels ready (assuming there will be some serious trailwork after this thing blows over...).

mtbr member
    Yep it some mega serious $hit

Lucky im not there, but ive been glued to the news all day watching it develop, and honestly feel sad for the poor people trapped there, knowing that you cannot escape it makes it terrifying, and another terrifying thing is that the people who have decide to stay have NO access to emergency help during the night, they are completely on their own. Just made landfall, and continue over 400km inland.
    Im over a 1000km away and its pushed some storm fronts to were i live, but nothing like they are about to get

300km/h winds and over 1000mm of rain, gnarly stuff....

They say that yasi will generate the equivalent amount of energy to power the WORLD for over a YEAR!!! That really puts into perspective its destructive power

Heres a little comparison. Interesting that katrina was bigger, but yasi has higher winds and MUCH more rainfall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclone Yasi - shout out to our OZ friends!-8.jpg  

Last edited by Nick_M2R; 02-02-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Now with More Wood
    I've seen on CNN that Yasi is expected (or was expected) to grow to 500km, which would put it close to Katrina in width. 1000mm of rain seems unfathomable though..."brace brace" I think it is the appropriate term.