Gnar

Cut sleeves on 661 Pro Pressure Suit?

I have the 661 Pro Pressure Suit and I am thinking about cutting the sleeves off just above the elbows and using it with my Raceface DH arm guards. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had any negative results. I don't have the money right now to get a 661 Assault Pressure suit (short sleeve) or a Rockgardn Trailstar. I don't want to ruin what I already have either. Any thought are appreciated, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

keystone addict
    I really, really, really wouldn't do that. You'll probably ruin it.
    [SIZE="4"]I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fuel
    I have the 661 Pro Pressure Suit and I am thinking about cutting the sleeves off just above the elbows and using it with my Raceface DH arm guards. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had any negative results. I don't have the money right now to get a 661 Assault Pressure suit (short sleeve) or a Rockgardn Trailstar. I don't want to ruin what I already have either. Any thought are appreciated, thanks!
    I had a seamstress remove the arms just above the elbows. I now use it with my RF elbow/forearm guards. It is much better this way. Before I had this alteration done, the elbow guards would move all over the place.

bikeboatbrewski
    I have both the 661 pressure suit the 661 vapour shirt, basically the same thing only with out the full arms and elbow/forearm pads. I use my NRS kayaking forearm/elbow pads with it. It is a much better arrangement.

XL full arm 661 Pressure suit for sale(red/black), $80 plus shipping, worn only once to try on. May have some minor scuffs or dirt from being in the back of my WV.

pdh
    mtbr member
    neg-a-tory
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I JUST WANT A BICYCLE!!!!! " Why-why are you yelling at me?"
    WHATEVER, MAKE ME A BICYCLE CLOWN!!!!!!!!!

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Dog
    I had a seamstress remove the arms just above the elbows. I now use it with my RF elbow/forearm guards. It is much better this way. Before I had this alteration done, the elbow guards would move all over the place.
    I was thinking about consulting with a seamstress and seeing what it would cost to have the sleeves hemmed up to prevent fraying.

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybinwv
    I have both the 661 pressure suit the 661 vapour shirt, basically the same thing only with out the full arms and elbow/forearm pads. I use my NRS kayaking forearm/elbow pads with it. It is a much better arrangement.

XL full arm 661 Pressure suit for sale(red/black), $80 plus shipping, worn only once to try on. May have some minor scuffs or dirt from being in the back of my WV.
    I don't think I understand. Did you cut the sleeves off on the 661 vapor shirt?

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh
    neg-a-tory
    Wow thats looks bad.
    If I remove the sleeves, I would still wear arm and elbow protection. I think the Raceface pads are better protection than the arm pads on the 661 pressure suit.

mtbr member
    I was thinking about consulting with a seamstress and seeing what it would cost to have the sleeves hemmed up to prevent fraying.
    It cost $15-$20. It is worth it.

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Dog
    It cost $15-$20. It is worth it.
    Thanks for sharing the info!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    That's why I don't buy into those full suits. I haven't seen / tried on ONE yet that has proper elbow guards except for the Dainese 3x, and the rest of the suit I don't like, so I just use their 3x elbow with Knox chest armor.

Having to mix/match armor is a pain. You'd think there'd be a damn Iron Man suit on the market by now, but all these companies are just cheap and have lousy engineers. Not even streetbikers have good protection, maybe even worse except for gloves and helmets.
    Last edited by bcdale; 09-04-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    MTBR review on the Hope skewers
    Quote Originally Posted by Get A Clue
    Weaknesses: Doesn't work when used incorrectly

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I cut the sleeves off mine, and use Rouch (now Race Face) elbow/forearm pads with it. Huge improvement. I have the older type suite, and was able to use a lighter to seal (melt) the edge of the mess to keep it from fraying.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

biking is fun
    I cut them off mine too. Didn't go to any place to get it done, just took scissors to them. It works fine.

I mainly did it for heat reduction. I wear dianese 3x guards which are really light and not very hot at all.

bikeboatbrewski
    I don't think I understand. Did you cut the sleeves off on the 661 vapor shirt?
    No, it comes that way.

IMHO It would have been better had they added two extra straps to the elbow/forearm guards, for the pressure suit, to keep them in place.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh
    neg-a-tory
    My arms looked like that with the pads still attached, but they were never in place. So i see no disadvantage to removing them.