mtbr member

Countdown to Whizzler opening thread

Well, one week till opening. I completely missed going last year due to a full schedule. Hope to make up for that this season....
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Super pumped for Whistler too (got 13 days last year I think), but looks like the list of trails for opening weekend won't be crazy long. This is from a few days ago:

"The list of trails will solidify as the days go by but the plan at this point is to have:

A-Line
    B-Line
    Crank it Up
    HOD
    Ho Chi Min
    Monkey Hands
    Hornet
    World Cup Single Track
    Samurai Pizza Cat
    Karate Monkey
    Joyride Jumps / Drops"

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    hope its better than last year,,, i couldnt believe the amount of snow up there last year, we have decided to go a month later this year on the hope that there will be a few more trails open,

mtbr member
    Lots of snow still up there..... just finished my ski day and was still able to ski out to the village.......

mtbr member
    A friend of mine told me I should wait AT LEAST 2 weeks after opening and probably only ride the trails that were open at the beginning. They did have a late dump of snow so that's gonna hurt things. sadclay.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    ya, last weekend was amazing with 10" fresh pow. That dump didnt really go on the lower part of the mountain (where the bike park is) though.

Biggest thing is the park is gonna be really wet for a while while it all melts off.

Trails in Squamish are in amazing shape right now though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what are the trails in pembo like, are they rideable now, or still coverd.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    what are the trails in pembo like, are they rideable now, or still coverd.
    Pemberton is looking really solid.....we are getting pretty high temperatures up here for the next 5 or 6 days so by next weekend anything you would pedal up to should be in great shape . If there is a particular trail / series of trails in mind let me know and I will talk to a few of the locals to confirm......

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Pemberton is looking really solid.....we are getting pretty high temperatures up here for the next 5 or 6 days so by next weekend anything you would pedal up to should be in great shape . If there is a particular trail / series of trails in mind let me know and I will talk to a few of the locals to confirm......
    ok cheers for that,,, i am not going to be there for another 6 weeks or so, we are heading out a month later this year, at the end of june, hoping there will be more trails open by then, and it will be dryer and warmer,

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    but it was 75 up there today, so that should help things...

our only option for lift access just got 70+ inches over the last few days above 2000 feet on top of the record year we have had... no complaints on the snow but it's not helping the DH opener... anyway back to topic, i think you all suck, i'm already counting down the days till i will hopefully be there over labor day. be sure to keep the pics and vids up all summer for us poor saps that only get to go once a year. enjoy!

pv