mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Corsair Bikes - customer service

Hi guys,

On Corsair's fcebook page there was an entry which stated:

"Rumour has it that Pablo has given up with Corsair, dont place any orders....."

Does anyone have any updates on this?

A lot of guys have been trying to contact Corsair via facebook regarding spares etc and are having no joy as Corsair is posting crap but not responding to specific questions.

brake later, pedal sooner
    contacting a company through facebook for support sounds like a brilliant idea to get real help.

you might want to send them a txt msg if they don't reply.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf
    contacting a company through facebook for support sounds like a brilliant idea to get real help.

you might want to send them a txt msg if they don't reply.
    gosh wat a bad idea, tweeting @ them is the best way to get in contact

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I liked seeing how many posts were on their FB page from riders seeking replacement idler pulleys or other parts. They (Corsair) seem great about posting their own updates, tidbits about their sponsored riders, new frame lineup, etc. Supporting their first gen. frames and riders? Not so much.

When my Marque frame was having issues, their e-mail addresses and phone numbers got me no responses. Posting on their FB page was allthere was left. Seems others are having similar issues. Pre and post sale to Atom-Lab.

Bad, bad support and surly attitude when I did get responses were just a couple of the contibuting factors in my selling my frame off. One generation of much hyped bikes and already on to other designs? When you can't seem to even keep your current riders in parts and support; this seems a poor business model.

Kinda' like Crank Bros. stuff - some great ideas with poor implementation. But without the great warranty stuff.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Pivotal figure
    Good to know I'm not the only one getting zero response from Atomlab, I've basically given up on them now.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Good to know I'm not the only one getting zero response from Atomlab, I've basically given up on them now.
    Same here. When i wanted to buy a lot of stuff they answered quick. When i needed to warranty the pedals i got no response after many calls and emails. After 6 months of trying i threw them away and never considered buying from atomlab again.

Riiiiiide...
    "Corsair Bikes - customer service" .. aaa, like, no?? I have a feeling they're going under. After trying maaaaany many times to resolves some issues with them, i've come to the conclusion that there is no point.. they suck.

It really is a shame though. The Maelstrom is a reeeally nice ride, its too bad they didn't refine it. Mine is still going strong no thanks to them. I've had every problem possible on that frame, and luckily managed to machine new parts that work better than the originals, and even had a bit of welding done. If its lasts with all the modifications, i might even try to find some problem frames on the net to grab and fix up.

I've actually had many inquiries to fabricate my version of the delrin idler for people.. maybe Corsair should just send their customers my way!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    8hours ago on their FB page

Hello everyone. I will be stepping in to address all warranty and product concerns. We will have the new pulleys next week. I know a lot of you need to get ahold of these. We are also machining new pivots now. They are not quite as hollow as the older pivot bolts and should eliminate any breaking. I urge anyone with a pending issue to e-mail me as soon as possible at mike@corsairbikes.com

DenverDH'er
    Well lets hope they get this all sorted out. I met one of these guys at Crank Works Colorado a few years back and he seemed like a cool guy. I guess with the company being sold and all this could all have changed for the worse.

mtbr member
    atomlabs now owns corsair bikes, you should contact them regarding replacements. I'm currently building up a maelstrom and have had no problems getting the updated parts when i contacted atomlabs.... i bet if you called them, you'd have the same experience.

Committed
    Atomlab does not have a good reputation for customer service...
    Nearly everyone I know (myself included) has had a horrible time with service from Atomlab, none of us use their products anymore.

Roll on Spring Time!
    oh I am so glad I sold my Maelstrom some time ago - for a huge loss but the headaches are over.
    Built up my Delerium and everything lined up 100%, never had a single second of issues and 100% time in the saddle. Its nice to try something new but not when it turns out so badly that you end up losing ride time, feel like throwing your rig off a cliff, strees that something will fail on the trail every time you ride..........
    Good luck to all who are on a Corsair.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member

Corsair Konig

Never did like the idea of that tunnel. That was why I bought the Konig. Not had any problems and that bike rides like a dream.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by stn112
    atomlabs now owns corsair bikes, you should contact them regarding replacements. I'm currently building up a maelstrom and have had no problems getting the updated parts when i contacted atomlabs.... i bet if you called them, you'd have the same experience.
    yeah. not so much. they were no help to me, and many others have similar experience. great that they were able to help you out.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    New idler pulleys to resolve all previous issues are now in and being prepared for shipping to customers/distributors.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corsair-Bikes/6401688234

Riiiiiide...
    Looks like new pulleys are out there, and stronger pivot bolts this month as well. I'm also expecting a new frame soon, as mine cracked and basically shouldn't have (one of two that i know of). All in all, seems they are coming out of the 'slump'.

mtbr member
    The new ownership by Atomlabs is a great thing. I contacted Mike Flaherty from the email address he posted on FB and he hooked me up! It is obvious he is trying to make up for the poor customer service from the previous owners.

I had bent my rear triangle racing this past summer and never was able to get a hold of anybody from Corsair. I had pretty much given up and was planning on buying a new frame.

But once I emailed Mike and explained my situation he sold me a rear triangle for $100which was well below cost and was a stand up guy.

He is trying to make things right for Corsair owners and if you are having a issue I would suggest contacting him.

Riiiiiide...
    Well, after a couple months wait, my new frame is being sent in a few days.. Mike just received it and just has to put the upgraded pivot bolts on it and i suppose the new pulley as well. A bit of a wait, but i'm getting taken care of. Hope it doesn't crack again, but it seems that mine is one of only 2 that did (at least on the net).. others are going strong and taking a beating.
    Now with the new bolts and pulleys it should be the real deal. Although i still think my pulley is better .