No Fear

A Cool ride in Iran. (( 20 pix inside ))

Was a while though im missing the MTBR forums. You know I used to post a pictorial report of every race and ride we made here in Iran before.

Over that time I always wished if we could have such a community and forum locally.As years went by we grew and grew to make that dream. come true .Still working weak in the gravity field but way much different from the scene I illustrated here. No more lack of bike and components and the numbers are growing fast too.. IN the XC area we have spread a lot more and can say we are at a god point in.

Meanwhile I also opened up a similar forum in our biggest social network and developed it as its manager and have some moderators on too .

But the point is that I miss that time seems it have turned into the good old days. Miss longing for bikes and parts. Miss the pure friend ships which are scarce these days. Miss the passion we had .We were so happy and waited for these days .Now that we have built the desired situations we miss the cool good old days.
    I spend most of my time on our own local MTB forum. But it’s a while I feel a need to post here too.

Any way……..gona show you one of the cool rides we had last week.

I have found many many friends on our forum all round Iran. And some of them live in nearby cities . A few days ago we managed a ride with two of them and hit the trails in eastern Tehran.

Like to tell the rest via pix….

My friends came from Karadj 30 KM west of Tehran and we met 5:30 AM at ours . Rode H.T.V. ( hand To a Vehicle ) from home to the trail area. ( sorkheh hesar park ) a man made coniferous and mixed forest . With a national park in south.

Before sun rays reached the valleys we tried some of the old jump we had .nearlly all the structures we made in the good old days are forgotten and set to wear. As we have a problem in Tehran which doesn’t seem to be an issue in the other cities. We havnt had new incomers for years….Thats meeeee.

And another of those old drops .Its was used as a flood bund.

Our AM pal Kaveh who hammered most of the way up.

He was resting in shade when we woke him up we had less than 10 m distance .And ill tell you why these wild sheep are so near the Mega city later

That’s only the east wing of Tehran . See the pollution ?

Coming down

And more down.

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Had snakebites front and rear !!

After that course we went to a jump area….and met these…… They are spread all over the national park and sometimes get so close to the park that you can take photos of them with the city ion the background.
    Bedides wild sheep I have observed some other cool creatures in the remote parts too . Golden eagles ‘ antelopes ( small species ) ‘ snakes and Iguanas ‘ hares ‘ hedgehogs ‘ and once I was lucky to see a hyena . A wild sheep was dead and flesh smell had drew him to be in sight although after seeing me from 100m he ran away .

They were in three large herds.

Kaveh chasing them.

Then letting some ramps a try.

The younger guy Porya was thinking on this drop and after deciding to walk along seemed he had evacuated all his energy

But used some last energy drops on other spots…

That’s me on a natural drop.

Park patrols have dug ditches on the fire roads lading to the inner pars of the park .In order to prevent people coming in from the recreational part. Kaveh proved sometimes an AM could be more maneuverable than DH & FR.

But again Pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    Last edited by SABER_MTB; 07-27-2010 at 03:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Once again, awesome pics Saber!

Pablo Escobar
    Very nice to see and read. Thank you for sharing.

Newt Guy
    Great stuff! Good to see you still riding and visiting the forums!!!

I remember lunking around reading all your race posts of the past! I have thought about you often.

Moose Member
    I have thought about you often? Creeepy...

Anyway what's the silver bike with the blue decal on the front. It looks lime the bike Brad rides in "follow me" when they're at brads yard and I just wondered what it's called.

Nice pics...

Newt Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    His posts are always unique and from a place that is very misunderstood. I have wondered how he has been doing, and I have thought about him often in his abscense.

If that is "creepy" to you, then you have issues.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

Moose Member
    It's called a joke... I understood the meaning within your humble post, but I saw it as an opportunity to make another human become filled with laughter at a joke. Lighten up dood.

Go back to school
    Very cool pictures. Wish that pollution wasn't in the background though :/
    Die to ride, ride to die

Newt Guy
    It's called a joke... I understood the meaning within your humble post, but I saw it as an opportunity to make another human become filled with laughter at a joke. Lighten up dood.
    Hehe. You just never know until ya know...

Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

Brackish
    Great ride report, Saber, thanks for posting!

No Fear
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    His posts are always unique and from a place that is very misunderstood. .

For some reasons which seem to be amplified these years……I feel my self that its not misunderstood… Somehow the majority you of the people living over here are from a lower profile culture comparing to your majority .

You know every now and then some thoughts wander in my head.
    Basically I don’t care about culture , community ‘ religion ‘ social beliefs and Etc. I just have one Moto : Going on my own way making my own life having enough money and time left to ride with out any worries … and people could do any thing they want , they could thin k any way they feel its right and have their own beliefs.

But the wandering thought say : that im paying too much mental penalty for being semi odd . And also financial too ! While im looking at the over all social situations which seems its going vise versa . leading to more and more lean on religion and taking away social and individual freedom year by year very slow and indeed neat !

Havnt tried nor experienced scholar type society life in the ages that I could feel and bear it. But some times I rally think besides all the negative points it has for sure as its nor my own culture and society that im really paying too much !! and cant use my skills to optimize my self in this situations…

Capricious youth...
    Great photos Saber. My buddies and I were just talking about your posts over the past weekend and how we really enjoy them!
    Meh.

mtbr member

Anyway what's the silver bike with the blue decal on the front. It looks lime the bike Brad rides in "follow me" when they're at brads yard and I just wondered what it's called.

Nice pics...
    Its a 2008 giant glory FR comp

mtbr member
    Great pics of Iran dh style. Iranian people appear so misunderstood. Iranian women and its trails appear quite beautiful..

~Disc~Golf~
    Finally a ride report Saber! Nice write-up as usual
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Glad to Be Alive
    Great photos Saber.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Awsome post. New to the mtbr forums so this is the first one I've seen, but I loved it. Someone has to send some tubeless strips and goo over your way and you guys can shred forever.

No Fear
    well actually i posted this very same thread with similar shots and stories and got only 4 replies !!
    Better to get back to MTBR and leave my own Farsi MTBR for surfing and fun.... Its a pity to spend too much passion over there.....

so take another one ill post in with in an hour...

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hey Guys, I come to Iran every year from UK, my wife is from Velenjak, I have been looking for signs of mountain biking in and around Tehran for 4 years. Next time I come there it would be great to hook up and see what goes on there, I may even bring my spare bike and leave it in Tehran for the future. I saw some guys at Dizin last month riding down the road from the resort but thats all. Do you have a local bike shop there somewhere? I think could be a good business opportunity!!