Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 66 of 66
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,461
    Received email message today (1 day delay), from Chris King. Hubs are due in April for sure. They have known this for a few months now. Everything in on schedule. I am impressed with their prompt reply, makes me happy to own a handful of their products.

    However, I think April is just a little too late. Hadley it is. I guess I can always switch later. Somehow, I don't think so.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31
    Yeah, I ended up ordering a Hope Pro2 EVO. As much as I like Chris King, they missed the boat on this one for me. Stoked to get my V10c up and running!!!!

    M.

  3. #53
    bike addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    192
    I put the 147x12 endcaps on the hope pro 2 150mm rear hub and worked beautifully.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I had to remove the 157mm end caps on my Havocs to fit them to the 150mm spacing on my 951... guess what? You need a 12mm hex key... who has that in their toolbox? Well, I do now.
    Too funny. I did the same thing and bought the biggest hex key I've ever seen. I was happy to get rid of that tool with those wheels.

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23
    LBS recieved a new King 157 today and will try to re-lace using my existing spokes (they only had one day of riding from last season). The new hub looks the exact same with different ends to the axle (almost like end caps that don't come off). I'm told they changed the width of the body slightly, so not holding my breath on being able to re-use the spokes due to length. I'll take some pictures to post when I get it back.

  6. #56
    bg.
    bg. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by kboth View Post
    I'm told they changed the width of the body slightly, so not holding my breath on being able to re-use the spokes due to length. I'll take some pictures to post when I get it back.
    Cool, thanks. I'm interested to know the change in spoke length.

  7. #57
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by kboth View Post
    I'm told they changed the width of the body slightly, so not holding my breath on being able to re-use the spokes due to length. I'll take some pictures to post when I get it back.
    I would think CK would supply the hub dimensions that are relevant to spoke length for both the hubs, likely on their website.

    Edit: The measurements are there for all the hubs except the new 157 so if I bought one of those I'd call and ask what the numbers are before lacing.
    Keep the Country country.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,461

    Chris King 157x12 are here

    After all the back and forth, decided to stick with the Ck hubs, which is what I originally wanted. Super stoked. Get to build it up tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Confirmed hubs available or have adaptor for the new 12mm x 157mm 'standard'-chris-king-157x12-009_1600x1200.jpg  

    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  9. #59
    bg.
    bg. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    After all the back and forth, decided to stick with the Ck hubs, which is what I originally wanted. Super stoked. Get to build it up tomorrow.
    You got the 157 hub? Mine's still on order.

    I sold of my 150 a few weeks ago...good thing the snow's still here so there's no big rush on finishing my build.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by bg. View Post
    You got the 157 hub? Mine's still on order.

    I sold of my 150 a few weeks ago...good thing the snow's still here so there's no big rush on finishing my build.
    I ordered it in November. So, I was probably one of the first on the waiting list. Black appears to be the first run, so depending on other factors like color, the others will come later. When I spoke to King several weeks ago, they had most of the run in processing already. I guess it takes a while to complete the batches.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

  11. #61
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,194

    DT 240s

    The same end caps convert a 135 to 142 and a 150 to 157. QBP has a part # for them but doesn't expect them to be in stock till the end of April.
    Keep the Country country.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    289
    Anyone know what's up with Mavics & 157mm conversion?

  13. #63
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by madriaanse View Post
    Yeah that would be cool. There is nothing wrong with my 150 ISO, other than it missing 3.5mm on each end. I'd love to keep it and just put a new axle in it, instead of getting rid of a perfectly good hub/wheel.

    Still... CK emailed me and said that they're coming out with an entirely new 157 hub with a new hub body an all, and that the 150 is not going to have a 157 replacement axle. Hope I'm wrong or that they changed their mind. Maybe CK can chime in here?

    M.
    I just finished an email exchange with Chris King. They will not offer a way to convert the older 150mm hubs to 157.

    I'm so happy, my CK 150mm hub is only about a year old and now it's a $400 paperweight. It boggles my mind that they can't make an axle for the older hubs with an additional 3.5mm on each side. It's not like I'm asking them to make a 1-1/8" headset fit a 44mm headtube.

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: daisycutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,454
    All the more reason why I love Hadley hubs.

  15. #65
    bg.
    bg. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Willanholly View Post
    I just finished an email exchange with Chris King. They will not offer a way to convert the older 150mm hubs to 157.

    I'm so happy, my CK 150mm hub is only about a year old and now it's a $400 paperweight. It boggles my mind that they can't make an axle for the older hubs with an additional 3.5mm on each side. It's not like I'm asking them to make a 1-1/8" headset fit a 44mm headtube.
    Yeah, same frustration here.

    Since this thread is back, I might as well say that I've been on a CK 157 all season, riding alot and did a trip to Whistler. Great hub, runs just like the other CK hubs that I own.
    I built the wheel with the spokes I had ordered for my 150, so there was no significant spoke length change.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by bg. View Post
    Yeah, same frustration here.

    Since this thread is back, I might as well say that I've been on a CK 157 all season, riding alot and did a trip to Whistler. Great hub, runs just like the other CK hubs that I own.
    I built the wheel with the spokes I had ordered for my 150, so there was no significant spoke length change.
    not sure if its the same,,, i am asuiming it is,,, on my hope pro2 i used the same spacers as the 142 to make my 150 fit my 157 knolly podium,,,
    i was told by my mate who is a mechanic and hope dealer, that the same spacers are used to convert 135 to 142 and 150 to 157,,,,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •