mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Chris King Inset 5 headset.

Hello,

Just wonder if I can use the lower cup of this headset up (external cup) and the upper one down, cause Iíve fitted this to my 2011 DHR and seems that slackened even more the headangle. . .
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpap2002 View Post
    Hello,

Just wonder if I can use the lower cup of this headset up (external cup) and the upper one down, cause Iíve fitted this to my 2011 DHR and seems that slackened even more the headangle. . .
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. . .
    You have one of these right? Take a look at that recessed bearing contact in the upper cup. Do you think the lower race will not contact the cup's edge?

Edit: what you may be able to do is get a lower cup/bearing for the Inset 4 and replace your ext lower cup... Or, if you're using the 888, get a flat lower crown from Risse Racing. I believe this will get you 3/4 to a full inch of A2C knocked off.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    You have one of these right? Take a look at that recessed bearing contact in the upper cup. Do you think the lower race will not contact the cup's edge?

Edit: what you may be able to do is get a lower cup/bearing for the Inset 4 and replace your ext lower cup... Or, if you're using the 888, get a flat lower crown from Risse Racing. I believe this will get you 3/4 to a full inch of A2C knocked off.
    What Iíll probably do is buy a new lower cup/bearing for the Inset 4 then, cause Iím using Boxxers.
    The fact is that I didnít expected the headangle to change that much, cause DHR was designed (I think) with an external lower cup while using the Fox 40s.

Thanks anyway...

mtbr member
    What Iíll probably do is buy a new lower cup/bearing for the Inset 4 then, cause Iím using Boxxers.
    The fact is that I didnít expected the headangle to change that much, cause DHR was designed (I think) with an external lower cup while using the Fox 40s.

Thanks anyway...
    Have you thought about Cane Crik's Adjust-o-set?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Have you thought about Cane Crik's Adjust-o-set?
    Yeah, but the thing is that Iíve just bought the Chris King one, so itís a same to spend a whole load of money for the Cane Creek adj. o set.

mtbr member
    Yeah, but the thing is that Iíve just bought the Chris King one, so itís a same to spend a whole load of money for the Cane Creek adj. o set.
    Yeah, that does suck.
    Say, your Inset 5 wouldn't happen to be red would it...in case you feel like selling
    ╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah, that does suck.
    Say, your Inset 5 wouldn't happen to be red would it...in case you feel like selling
    Haha, no unfortunately is silver. . . .