Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 59
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146

    CHECK IT OUT! camo anodized parts! Urban for my FR rig!

    Here it is the camo anoding, I work at a anodizing shop and have been woking on the ano print dyes and airbrushing.
    Worked and looks great, I did my RF n. shore cranks, odi loc ons, fork clamps, shock shuttle, RF chain rings and a few others. I got avy dhs's on both rides and been looking at having craig take it apart and let me do the shock body.
    I am doing a complete frame next week for a budy in the urban camo.
    I did parts on my rm7 as well, the cranks are a yellow to red fade to match the spring and the avy dhs stickers.
    I am looking to get a set of atom lab trail pimp rims and do them as well then put the decals back on em.

    Here's the site for where I work.
    www.absolutefinish.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bullcrew; 12-02-2005 at 09:50 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    dude that is frickin sick
    Thanks! Along time coming getting tha ano print dyes and the airbrush to work together.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,282
    dude that is frickin sick

  4. #4
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    nice that is pretty sick!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  5. #5
    HJB
    HJB is offline
    USA USA USA USA USA
    Reputation: HJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    359
    So, how durable do ya think it'll be? I've got a set of cranks that would look good like that.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lickqid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    811
    Thats really cool, how long did it take you to complete the project?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473

    Sick...

    That's pretty sweet. I wish I could do that to my bike.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB
    So, how durable do ya think it'll be? I've got a set of cranks that would look good like that.
    As durable as any ano job, It's type II sealed.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    49
    Those crowns look so nice. great job it looks awesome man

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    That's pretty sweet. I wish I could do that to my bike.
    You can, we do custom anodizing at my work for our hobbies, Randy does the paintball stuff and I do mtn. bikes and parts.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    Thats really cool, how long did it take you to complete the project?
    air brushing took the longest, about 1 hour to get the ano print dyes to soak without pooling up.
    The dyes ae actual ano print dyes made for anodizing, $365 qt, not cheap.

  12. #12
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    thats so sweet, nice job man, defintly looks profesional...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  13. #13
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Wow, that's pretty cool.

  14. #14
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,733
    wow..............way cool
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424
    thats so sweet, nice job man, defintly looks profesional...
    I hope so, I work for a anodizer. I'm the director of the sales and marketing division for absolute finish, and I moonlight by doing full custom anodizing on bike stuff and paintbal markers or whatever.
    Check out some of the work www.absolutefinish.com we have approx. 500k + into the shop, al computer process controlled ans mil-spec.

  16. #16
    Just Ride
    Reputation: zerossix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,015
    now you need som SIC camodized parts

  17. #17
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    now you need som SIC camodized parts
    that wasn't even funny.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    that wasn't even funny.
    Agreed!

  19. #19
    here today
    Reputation: zenmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,927
    nice stuff, but that web site -- shuddder -- needs a remake...
    old fart cyclist

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: goRz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    938
    now that means CUSTOM looks
    Passion beyond reason!

  21. #21
    HJB
    HJB is offline
    USA USA USA USA USA
    Reputation: HJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    As durable as any ano job, It's type II sealed.
    Cool, I'll be in touch. What kinda prep work could I do? I have access to a bead blaster.

    I can envision all kinds of camo parts on my green Weyless 67

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB
    Cool, I'll be in touch. What kinda prep work could I do? I have access to a bead blaster.

    I can envision all kinds of camo parts on my green Weyless 67
    The blasting must be done lighty as to not disemper the surface of the aluminum, #70 grit media no less. ry and not hotspot it when dusting it.
    Its actually easier for us to do it if its ano'd already, we just stick it in the tank.
    If its powder coat do not try blasting it first, use aircraft stripper and remove the pwdrcoat first.
    Its easier to just send it in, we strip and single color ano a frame really cheap.
    Just email sales at Absolute and it'l get to me.

  23. #23
    East Coast Style
    Reputation: acdcfan1283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,377
    youve gotta have patience to do that, heh. looks really good. thats an eye catcher
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double


    [/SIZE][/FONT]

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan1283
    youve gotta have patience to do that, heh. looks really good. thats an eye catcher
    Thanks, anyone intresed in this you can email me at sales@absolutefinish.com and refer to mtbr, we only offered this to mtbr members and RM members. It is a brodeal hook up and not a retail item, we have a customs section for this kinda work and it's because I bike and this group as well as RM have helped me so much as far as parts and places to ride.
    It's my way of saying thanks, by the way we don't clear any personal profit I am salary and the shop barely covers it's head on these items.

    So PM me or email me at absolute finish.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    428
    can ou give every one like an estimate on how much a frame would cost?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox787
    can ou give every one like an estimate on how much a frame would cost?
    We can do a camo ano for around $175, Randy wants no less than $300 retail due to the time involved in airbushing it.
    So for room members it's $175, Components are an additional $75 and that is up to 5 items in camo.
    I need additional parts for my bike so partial trades are welcome. Possible full trade depending on items.
    [B]Wheelset-anything fr/dh related it's all I ride
    31.8 stem and bar (thomson x.4 and answer pro taper)
    headset (king 1 1/8 threadless)
    rear der. and shifters (x.9)
    other items may be accepted as well.

    Will consider shimano if xt or above

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    428
    What about just a plain color?

  28. #28
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,854
    I really dig those crowns, nice work man
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox787
    What about just a plain color?
    $119 bro deal.
    I figure anything I make on the bk stuff will go towards my bike so partial trades welcome.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    267
    $175 to camo ano a frame eh. I'll look into that very seriously after x-mas till then ive got a whole lot of $$ to spend. would that include the front and rear triangle of my mongoose teocali? I'd deal with all the linkage pieces since ive got a powdercoat gun in my basement but I dont have an oven big enough to do the frame and the camo is sexy.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalcon
    $175 to camo ano a frame eh. I'll look into that very seriously after x-mas till then ive got a whole lot of $$ to spend. would that include the front and rear triangle of my mongoose teocali? I'd deal with all the linkage pieces since ive got a powdercoat gun in my basement but I dont have an oven big enough to do the frame and the camo is sexy.
    Of course, look kinda funny only half done. I need parts as well, so I am open to trades.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    267
    well I havent really got any spare parts because i'm about to build a bike from my box of leftovers. but I planned on refinishing my bike this winter so if your still doin the bro deals at the first of the year you can count on doing at least my frame but probably a bunch of other stuff too.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalcon
    well I havent really got any spare parts because i'm about to build a bike from my box of leftovers. but I planned on refinishing my bike this winter so if your still doin the bro deals at the first of the year you can count on doing at least my frame but probably a bunch of other stuff too.
    Just trying to hel you out, yeah it should still be going on in January. Can't tell about the future other than its going to be history eventually.

  34. #34
    10001110101
    Reputation: marsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    497
    That is really great work! Can you do a white ano? I've never seen one, and it would be great to have you do my frame. I was going to have a powdercoat done, but ano would be sweet!

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by marsb
    That is really great work! Can you do a white ano? I've never seen one, and it would be great to have you do my frame. I was going to have a powdercoat done, but ano would be sweet!
    The only form of white in anodizing is a dusted finish, as long as we turn up the heat in the tanks and run it lower voltage (12) we can keep the whitish appearance. Then airbrush the pattern on that and contine. That is the only white in anodizing and surprisingly enough it looks white.

  36. #36
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117
    great lookign stuff nice work man. expensive though from what it seems. would u mind explaining the whole anodizing process to me hows it different from powder coating? all that information. im not up to date on painting and i would liek to get my frame repainted i just dotn know what to do.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    great lookign stuff nice work man. expensive though from what it seems. would u mind explaining the whole anodizing process to me hows it different from powder coating? all that information. im not up to date on painting and i would liek to get my frame repainted i just dotn know what to do.
    Expensive as compared to what?
    Anodizing opens the pores of the aluminum approx. 1 - 1.5 mil on type II allowing the dye to penatrate it and then sealing it up in a nicle seal and hot bath (190 degrees)
    Thats the basic ano 101.
    It hardens the surface as well to help protect it, unlike paint or powder coat it doesn't add weight.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    19

    bullcrew- whats the turn around time?

    hey man, very fair deal on the black camo anno. i have a turner 6pack id like to have done.
    whats the turn around time?
    also like to time it to send you my components on my vp free after the turner is done so im not with out a bike
    thanks
    vcode

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jettj45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    that looks sick, i need an air brush...

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Could hav it in and out in 5-7 business days.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcode
    hey man, very fair deal on the black camo anno. i have a turner 6pack id like to have done.
    whats the turn around time?
    also like to time it to send you my components on my vp free after the turner is done so im not with out a bike
    thanks
    vcode

  41. #41
    10001110101
    Reputation: marsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    The only form of white in anodizing is a dusted finish, as long as we turn up the heat in the tanks and run it lower voltage (12) we can keep the whitish appearance. Then airbrush the pattern on that and contine. That is the only white in anodizing and surprisingly enough it looks white.
    Got any pictures? I checked out the website, but didn't see any of the dusted finish. Thanks!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by marsb
    Got any pictures? I checked out the website, but didn't see any of the dusted finish. Thanks!
    A dusted finish is a flater than normal finish, so if it doesn't shine then it's probably dusted.
    All the markers in camo are dusted.

  43. #43
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    That camo finish would look sweet on the rear of my 6 Pack. It matches my new Xen too!


    Wonder what it would do to the extremely close tolerances of Turners Bushing system?
    Nothing to see here.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    That camo finish would look sweet on the rear of my 6 Pack. It matches my new Xen too!


    Wonder what it would do to the extremely close tolerances of Turners Bushing system?
    You'd be fine, the tolerances are only affected by 1000 of an inch and even at that there's a slight build up from the ano that brings in back into tolerances

  45. #45
    IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,603

    New question here. Question for bullcrew

    Dude-

    If you do the mountain bike work, I'd like to inquire about a possible job. I'm ordering a Hammerhead125 and would like to get it anodized. I'm looking to get something in in a reddish-copper/canyon red matte finish.

    Do you have any samples that I can look at?

    Thanks,

    SVS

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    PM me your info and request and I can get you a sample. I'd be happy to help with your frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    Dude-

    If you do the mountain bike work, I'd like to inquire about a possible job. I'm ordering a Hammerhead125 and would like to get it anodized. I'm looking to get something in in a reddish-copper/canyon red matte finish.

    Do you have any samples that I can look at?

    Thanks,

    SVS

  47. #47
    IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    Here it is the camo anoding, I work at a anodizing shop and have been woking on the ano print dyes and airbrushing.
    Worked and looks great, I did my RF n. shore cranks, odi loc ons, fork clamps, shock shuttle, RF chain rings and a few others. I got avy dhs's on both rides and been looking at having craig take it apart and let me do the shock body.
    I am doing a complete frame next week for a budy in the urban camo.
    I did parts on my rm7 as well, the cranks are a yellow to red fade to match the spring and the avy dhs stickers.
    I am looking to get a set of atom lab trail pimp rims and do them as well then put the decals back on em.

    Here's the site for where I work.
    www.absolutefinish.com
    Hey Man,

    Sent you a PM re: anodizing my frame. Drop me a line asap. Need to ask you a question.

    Thanks,

    Michael

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    153
    how much for a bright pink ano chain

  49. #49
    Light, Strong and Long
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    194

    Omg!

    Dude that is extremely nice work! I'm very interested. I've got a shimano hone crank that would look sweet with the urban camo. Possibly my rear swinarm too. I've got an 05 Gemini 900 that has an orange front triangle, that i think would look good with that camo in the back.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bullcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooly_CoolyOo
    Dude that is extremely nice work! I'm very interested. I've got a shimano hone crank that would look sweet with the urban camo. Possibly my rear swinarm too. I've got an 05 Gemini 900 that has an orange front triangle, that i think would look good with that camo in the back.
    Here's my RF Northshore cranks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •