Master of Custodial Arts

Chain ring suggestions for e.13 SRS chainguide

I want to get the e.13 SRS chainguide. What would be a good chainring to get for it? What companies should I look at? I also need to know a size?

PS. I bent my stock cranks this weekend(bent the right one in a rock garden I made in my backyard), and there is no possible way of fixing it. I want to go ahead and order the new cranks with the chainguide. I don't need anything over $200. I don't know what the sizes are measuring though(94/58 mm, 175mm and 110/74mm, 175mm). I need suggestions on the sizes. Could you help me out cause I kinda want them for next weekend. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When my mom tries to tell me what to do I tell her to SHUT HER HOLE BEFOR I KICK HER IN THE NUTS!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar
    I want to get the e.13 SRS chainguide. What would be a good chainring to get for it? What companies should I look at? I also need to know a size?

PS. I bent my stock cranks this weekend(bent the right one in a rock garden I made in my backyard), and there is no possible way of fixing it. I want to go ahead and order the new cranks with the chainguide. I don't need anything over $200. I don't know what the sizes are measuring though(94/58 mm, 175mm and 110/74mm, 175mm). I need suggestions on the sizes. Could you help me out cause I kinda want them for next weekend. Thanks
    We make chainrings, too. It's actually the only ring in the world that was specifically designed to work with chainguides - it's got the correct width and 'step' to the teeth for perfect lateral spacing on all guides. For more info, go here:
    http://www.e13components.com/chainrings.html
    For cranks, I would suggest 4-104 (meaning they are '4-bolt' cranks, and the bolt circle diameter is 104mm) as it will be easiest to find rings and guides for that size, and if you're DHing get cranks that are 165 mm long (for more ground clearance); if you're freeriding, 170's should be fine.

Hope this helps, and thanks for considering our guides!!

John P.
    Evil/e13 components

Master of Custodial Arts

So John P....

Quote Originally Posted by John P.
    We make chainrings, too. It's actually the only ring in the world that was specifically designed to work with chainguides - it's got the correct width and 'step' to the teeth for perfect lateral spacing on all guides. For more info, go here:
    http://www.e13components.com/chainrings.html
    For cranks, I would suggest 4-104 (meaning they are '4-bolt' cranks, and the bolt circle diameter is 104mm) as it will be easiest to find rings and guides for that size, and if you're DHing get cranks that are 165 mm long (for more ground clearance); if you're freeriding, 170's should be fine.

Hope this helps, and thanks for considering our guides!!

John P.
    Evil/e13 components
    Why do you suggest the 4 bolt instead of the 5 bold cranks. When I called Go-Ride they suggested 5 bolt cranks. I'm just tryin to get some different opinions. So do you have any 4 bolt cranks you can suggest?
    When my mom tries to tell me what to do I tell her to SHUT HER HOLE BEFOR I KICK HER IN THE NUTS!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    I just suggest 4 bolts because it's a lot easier to find rings/guides for them. Depending on what you're looking for, the Race Face Evolves seem like a decent deal, and I personally run XT's (with regular BB - the 752 model) for DH. I also know a lot of guys who like the FSA's, and they seem like a great value (V-drive Xtremes).

--JP
    P.S. In the future, feel free to Email me rather than page me - johnp@e13components.com

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by John P.
    --JP
    P.S. In the future, feel free to Email me rather than page me - johnp@e13components.com
    ya, stop cluttering up the boards!!!

Master of Custodial Arts

Chill

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    ya, stop cluttering up the boards!!!
    Just chill man, I didn't even know his email and needed a quick answer by tomorrow(Go-Ride is only open on weekdays)

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar
    Just chill man, I didn't even know his email and needed a quick answer by tomorrow(Go-Ride is only open on weekdays)
    no need to panic, your original post was in the top 10 threads; he woulda found ya. Plus his email, phone number and all Evil info is on their website.

and i'm very chill....