mtbr member

Chain Reaction 5 vs. NWD4 vs. Earthed

Looking to order a new bike vid, and dont know which one to get. Anybody seen Chain Reaction 5 yet? Ive seen clips of NWD4, and it looks pretty good....and I know Earthed is mainly dh, but is it interesting?

mtbr member
    May 2004

it depends

It depends what you like. Chain Reaction is more street and nwd4 is more freeride. nwd4 is fine but it starts to get really old half way through the movie.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I love street riding much more than just hucking yourself off of stuff. Ill probably get Chain Reaction then. Thanks man...plus Lenosky or whatever is in CR right? That guy rules.

mtbr member

hold on a minute..

NWD4 is a lot of huckin but its by no means a "hucking video" its got DH with steve peat and gracia, street with lenosky and chase and some sweet hucking. Its a very balanced video i thought also with lots of DJ action with cowan and pritzel. Earthed is a lot of DH a small HT section but sitll really awsome. I haven't seen chain reaction 5 but id also consider the new video suspect that is supposed to kick ass.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    NWD4 is a piece of sheet, I should never had bought that DVD!! The street session are ridiculus compared to Chainreaction, Monkey Style 2, Eastern Standard 2 (fully loaded)...
    There's nothing in this video, just Cowan, Berecloth, Straight and Gracia who are really good in it, but that's only 10 minutes on the entire DVD!

Buying it is wasting your money...!

Is you love street riding, go on for Monkey Style 2 or wait for CR5, if you love DH too, have a look on Eastern Standard 2 (Fully loaded) which is great too (Street, DJ, DH)

I bought the 3, but I really regret to have bought NWD4, the teaser is awesome, but that's all!

Ty

Doesnt ride Banshees
    If street is what you like to watch then CR5 is your vid. Personally street bores me after 20 mins or so, but CR5 mixed in some good DH/misc. sections inbetween to keep my interested. The editing/filming in CR5 was really good, those guys have really stepped it up since CR3 and 4. im just not a fan of street/park/and DJ footage (that doesnt mean i dont like it, i just dont like WATCHING it)

Disorder 4 was a good movie i thought, it had a good soundtrack, and had all the top riders from each catagory. Its defenitly one of those movies id show someone who didnt ride and wanted to get into the sport, its got all the biggest stuff being thrown down in the freeride scene. I really dont know how you can call this guys just "hucking themselves off stuff" either, these guys are hardly just going off clifs and hoping to land, bearclaw and vanderham for example have style just pouring out of their ass off everything, vanderham is one of my favorite pros, hes only going to get better with time to.

Earthed was good, pretty much all DH, cool footage of them fooling around with HTs before races and stuff at mt snow. All the race footage was awesome, its amazing how fast those guys really are. Only thing i hated about the video was the BMX segments and when they were all riding little 50s. That stuff got old after CR3 a couple years ago. But other than that it was awesome, and the music was actually really cool, not your typical disorder series typa music, it had bands like acdc and the who ect.