mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Canfield The One...good deal?

I'm looking at a 2010 The One for 2k. Parts as listed (minus seatpost as I have a dropper post already)

totem solo air RC
    x fusion rear shock
    crankbrothers kronolog seatpost
    avid trial brakes
    canfield front wheel
    canfield rear hub \ mavic 723 rim
    slx crank
    atherton bar
    x7 rear derailleur

Good price? How are the fork and shock as I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks in advance.

Glad to Be Alive
    Good price....post a link and many people will put offers on it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    Good price....post a link and many people will put offers on it
    Any comments on the shock and fork?

Glad to Be Alive
    I heard the X-fusion was a good shock....not great IMO but I never rode one

same thing with Fork

I would look at reviews on each
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I heard the X-fusion was a good shock....not great IMO but I never rode one

same thing with Fork

I would look at reviews on each
    Hard to find a review on the shock. I'll keep looking. Wish it came with the original CC DB.
    Last edited by Telewacker; 01-15-2016 at 07:46 AM.

Glad to Be Alive

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yah first thing I did. All air shocks. It's the coil shock that's hard to find a review.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Another bike I'm looking at is a Knolly Delerium. How does it compare to the Canfield?

mtbr member
    You can always buy another fork
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    You can always buy another fork
    Of course, but then it becomes less of a good deal. Actually I'm more concerned with the shock. The Knolly has the CC DB, an inch less travel, shorter wheellbase...they both look interesting. Anyone ridden both?

mtbr member
    I'eve been on a Canfield The One for almost three years now. It is, without a doubt, the closest thing to a pedalable DH bike that I've ever been on. It is a fantastic bike. Does it pedal as well as a 27lb carbon 5" AM bike? Not quite, but it is reasonably close. And when it comes to descending, nothing in the AM/Enduro class comes within reach. Nothing. I took mine up to Whistler a while back, and it ate up everything and didn't even break a sweat.

The Knolly Delirium T is a good bike, and it is very capable. But it most definitely does not pedal as well as the One. The shorter wheelbase makes it a tad faster cornering, but it lacks the high-speed stability that the One has. When descending, the One just feels so solid. I have only ridden the Delirium T for a very short time, but it creaked quite a bit from the pivots, and the bike only had a few months on it. I would be worried that the high number of pivots and smaller bearings would become a pain in the backside to maintain. The massive bearings on my One have needed cleaning and lubrication only once in three years, and that was only because I ride in sandy areas a lot. The design is spot on.

I fully admit my bias, but Canfield has made a customer for life from me. Their bikes are incredibly good. The One charges harder than any other bike I've ridden, short of a full-on DH race bike, and even then it is almost as capable. Their customer service is second to none. Just read the reviews of the company and that bike. You'll see what I mean.

And if you are wanting a CCDB Air shock, I'm considering selling mine off of my One. not sure if I'll do it, but I'm thinking about it.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    I'eve been on a Canfield The One for almost three years now. It is, without a doubt, the closest thing to a pedalable DH bike that I've ever been on. It is a fantastic bike. Does it pedal as well as a 27lb carbon 5" AM bike? Not quite, but it is reasonably close. And when it comes to descending, nothing in the AM/Enduro class comes within reach. Nothing. I took mine up to Whistler a while back, and it ate up everything and didn't even break a sweat.

The Knolly Delirium T is a good bike, and it is very capable. But it most definitely does not pedal as well as the One. The shorter wheelbase makes it a tad faster cornering, but it lacks the high-speed stability that the One has. When descending, the One just feels so solid. I have only ridden the Delirium T for a very short time, but it creaked quite a bit from the pivots, and the bike only had a few months on it. I would be worried that the high number of pivots and smaller bearings would become a pain in the backside to maintain. The massive bearings on my One have needed cleaning and lubrication only once in three years, and that was only because I ride in sandy areas a lot. The design is spot on.

I fully admit my bias, but Canfield has made a customer for life from me. Their bikes are incredibly good. The One charges harder than any other bike I've ridden, short of a full-on DH race bike, and even then it is almost as capable. Their customer service is second to none. Just read the reviews of the company and that bike. You'll see what I mean.

And if you are wanting a CCDB Air shock, I'm considering selling mine off of my One. not sure if I'll do it, but I'm thinking about it.
    Awesome! Thanks for that. Yes I'm leaning towards the Canfield. I've heard nothing but great things about their bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I had a Xfusion Vector Coil HLR on my '12 Jedi and i thought it was amazing. I have ridden Fox RC2 and Cane Cree DB and I personally would pick the Xfusion over either of them. I like less turny things and mucho squishy things....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I had a Xfusion Vector Coil HLR on my '12 Jedi and i thought it was amazin

g. I have ridden Fox RC2 and Cane Cree DB and I personally would pick the Xfusion over either of them. I like less turny things and mucho squishy things....
    Glad to hear that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Can't go wrong with a Canfield. I had a (older) Knolly Delirium, back when it was the DT. Good bike, but really heavy for the size. I've always wanted to try a One.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I bought the bike and a new Fox 40 to put on it. Should have it in a week.

mtbr member
    nice! that'll be a ripper of a bike.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.