Racer

Canfield Jedi Sizing

I'm just short of 6'3" without shoes on. Probably 6'3" with shoes. Anyone have any input on whether to order a large or xl. My last bike was a 2008 demo 8 large.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalMTB View Post
    I'm just short of 6'3" without shoes on. Probably 6'3" with shoes. Anyone have any input on whether to order a large or xl. My last bike was a 2008 demo 8 large.
    Wait for the 2015, and get a XL.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Canfield Brothers
    I am just working on our 2015 Jedi Geo Chart to include the new XL. The new XL is going to be a BIG bike:
    Canfield Jedi Sizing-2015-jedi-geo.jpg

We will be shipping the 2015's before the New Year! I'll also have our site and webstore updated in the next few weeks.

Cheers!

Racer
    hmmmm..wish i could just sit on one. i'd hate to order the wrong size.

Racer
    i was looking for the reach numbers on a large demo 8 and, of course, they are nowhere to be found and specialized doesn't list it (how helpful...). I found someone over on another forum saying the reach of a large demo 8 is 17.6". I felt my demo was long but manageable. If that's accurate than 18.5" (reach of 2015 xl jedi) is going to be way too stretched out. The large jedi is a tad over 17.5" (reach) so that looks like its the ticket. the chainstays look shorter is well. I found it hard to get the front end up on that large demo so that should help. hopefully it's not too small but I'm 90% sure i'm going to order a large as long as that reach number for the demo 8 I found is accurate.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I don't know how the CS length compares to a demo, but coming from my Marin Wolf Ridge (AM bike, 435mm chainstay) I had to get used to keeping my weight further forward on my Jedi (406mm chainstay) because the front end got too light if I rode with my usual body position. I think you'll like it.

Racer
    anyone 6'3" ride the xl jedi? I'm considering changing my order from a Large to an XL. Dont' want to be cramped but guess I don't want it way too long either.

Racer
    also, anyone on the east coast have a jedi I could come out and sit on it and maybe ride in circles for a few minutes?

Glad to Be Alive
    anyone 6'3" ride the xl jedi? I'm considering changing my order from a Large to an XL. Dont' want to be cramped but guess I don't want it way too long either.
    get the XL....the bike will be more stable at high speeds...almost an inch bigger then the large
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    ask the guys at CB they now the business!

ride.

Canfield Brothers
    also, anyone on the east coast have a jedi I could come out and sit on it and maybe ride in circles for a few minutes?
    Mount Snow in Vermont as well as Attitash in NH both have Small, Med and Large 2014 Jedis available to demo.