banned
    May 2009

C. Bros Mallet C's Vs. Time Z pedals

Time for new pedals...again.... done with SPD's Haven't used either of the above, anyone on here have time with either or both....feedback appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I had eggbeaters for the past year and a half and just felt that I needed more platform, so I purchased a pair of Mallets a few weeks ago. I love them. When unclipping and needing to get back on power, you don't need to fuss with getting clipped back in. I also feel more secure and more capable when getting some air.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Here's why I no longer will ride Crank Bros Mallet C's..........btw it's the same axle used throughout the dh/fr line.

I like bikes.

外国人
    Jun 2007
    stay away from crank bros mallets, the spindle always breaks! you can always warranty it but its a hassle.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

wretch
    Love my Z's for pretty much every kind of riding. . . beat them to shite riding in the rocky arizona desert for over 2 years and theyre still fine. . . beating them up in Tahoe now. . . They take hits that I'm sure would blow up other pedals especially with a hack like me behind the bars. Simple mechanism as well.

mtbr member
    Stay away from Crank Bros EVERYTHING if you ask me - have yet to see anything of theirs last long! The Times work great but I have them on my trail bike - wouldn't dare be clipped in for FR.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 07-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Canfield Brothers
    I ride Time Z's for everything... they rock and are super reliable in all conditions. I usually buy a new pair every year just to be safe and rotate the old ones to my trail bike... IT'S WHATEVER YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 07-16-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Proud lame eBiker
    Well, I too will throw my vote out there for the Time Z pedals. After a few too many broken Crank Bros/ axles I had to switch and haven't looked back.

I wish I had cool shots like KillingtonVT has to share...but alas, I'm a spode. ;-)
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT
    I ride Time Z's for everything... they rock and are super reliable in all conditions. I usually buy a new pair every year just to be safe and rotate the old ones to my trail bike... IT'S WHATEVER YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH!!!
    It's not the jumps or drops that are a problem being clipped in (probably easier in fact) but the skinnies - suicidal clipped in if you ride anything taller than you and narrower than a foot wide!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Addicted
    May 2006
    I currently run Time Z's. I'm going to swap over to the Mallets so that I can get a little larger range of motion and a larger platform. I do however love the Time's for trail riding.

MC MasterShake
    Yet another vote for Time Z pedals. I've gone through multiple CB pedals including the mallet. I broke one of my CB Acid pedals in just under an hour. I thought it was a fluke and after getting it repaired broke them after 3 rides. I asked the tech what the deal was and he told me that I shouldn't be riding them in rock gardens. I sold the replacement set they sent me and went back to Time pedals.

"Its All Good"
    Basically after many years on Crankbros pedals (eggbeaters, 2 Ti Eggbeaters, 4 Ti Eggbeaters, Mallets etc) I now wouldnt ride them if I was given them for free. They are absolute P'sOS...

Have Time pedals on all my bikes now, and never had a problem as yet.....

CrankBros really need to sort there sh!t in regards to their pedals......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Anyone who doesn't want their mallets I'll take them off you hands for free

mtbr member
    def. time!!

ride.

Petty and weak
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Basically after many years on Crankbros pedals (eggbeaters, 2 Ti Eggbeaters, 4 Ti Eggbeaters, Mallets etc) I now wouldnt ride them if I was given them for free. They are absolute P'sOS...

Have Time pedals on all my bikes now, and never had a problem as yet.....

CrankBros really need to sort there sh!t in regards to their pedals......
    +1

CrankBros Mallets are rubbish.
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~