Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Glad to Be Alive

Brown Recluse Spiders

and bites
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 09:15 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    In case you've never seen what one of these nasty little brown recluse spiders look like, take a look at the first Picture. The following 6 pictures show you what will happen within 10 days if a brown recluse bite is left untreated in the first few days. (The venom actually works from the inside of the bite out - which is why it almost looks like the finger is getting better around day 5.)
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 08-30-2004 at 09:50 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    further days
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 09:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    damn

is that your hand?

in the desert/iraq we had this camel spiders they were big, and had giant fangs but where harmless, other than the little pain from the bite, no venom at all... but they were scary to some people..

ouch

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    damn

is that your hand?

in the desert/iraq we had this camel spiders they were big, and had giant fangs but where harmless, other than the little pain from the bite, no venom at all... but they were scary to some people..

ouch
    no.....my sister sent some medical pictures

It "is" about the bike..
    Jan 2004

I F\/<%ING HATE SPIDERS!!!!

That is some nasty shite. Just nasty....

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    Imagine one of those gets inside your pants and bites the frank and beans!

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    HOLY $HIT. I saw the last picture on the last post and thought it was nasty, then i saw the other 2 or 3. ugg. NASTY

edit*, and i was freakin eating when i looked at it. disgusting.

workin' it Administrator
    My uncle had one of those bite his back when he was working on the roof. Since it was his back he had the same situation with the bite 'cause he never noticed the welt getting worse until like half his back fell off, seriously most of the flesh on one side just slough off. Nasty.
    Try this: HTFU

Pro Crastinator
    is it just me, or does this pic make anyone else want to go grill up some hot dogs......

(now where's that ketchup?)

TNC
    noMAD man

The good thing about those spiders...

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    and bites
    If there can be such a thing...is that they don't hang around much out in the open or in daylight. They'll usually be in the dark around things that don't get moved around much. And I don't think they're ever on one of the webs that hang across some of our favorite trails. I love it when you're bombing along on the trail, and a big web smacks you in the face, and out of the corner of your eye you see a nasty looking spider swing into your jersey or helmet. After you've slid to stop, you're swatting and trying to sling the spider off, but you never really see the spider after that first glimpse. The rest of the ride you just know the spider is still on you...waiting to ATTACK! But really...I'm not arachnophobic...LOL!

Ridin' AZ..
    Aug 2004
    I'm still trying to figure out why this in the freeride section. Maybe warning AZ'ers not to touch one of those if they see them on their favorite trail

Since I live in AZ, I have had the pleasure of seeing quite a few black widow spiders but I dont think I've ever seen a brown recluse. And that bite is just Freaking disgusting! How long does it take for that stuff to heal? Or do they have to amputate or what? God thats grossin' me out..*shudders* And thats like the only spider picture that I have see that kind of freaks me out and those last pictures...ACK!!! Cant get that pic out of my head. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...

SamIAm
    so they had someone get bit, then not treat it and take pics? thast sick
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    you're a fvcking idiot. if i wanted to see medical pictures, there's tons of gross and horror sites out there. i thought this had at least something to do with biking, or spiders on trails, tips to avoid them, not this garbage. don't post that crap anymore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    further days
    That is so gnarly. It almost looks PS'ed.

At least you could've included some more info... http://dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJvol5...l/recluse.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    If there can be such a thing...is that they don't hang around much out in the open or in daylight. They'll usually be in the dark around things that don't get moved around much.
    thats is great I am a plumber and crawl under houses and through attics and garages all the time. I cant wait to meet one of these guys

mtbr member
    i had to deal with that kind of stuff while cleaning out my grandads garge after he died. he lived in a small town called julian its outside san diego california . they had a fire rip through there almost a year ago and he had some stuff that got burt and so i went down there to clean it all up and get ready to sell the house. i had to clean up all this junk that had been sitting there for 6 months and was full of spiders and rattle snakes. now I dont get scared of spiders when i see them but as soon as the start crawling on me i would jump off a cliff to get it off of me. i had a black widow crawl on my shoe and as soon as i saw it i kicked my shoe off and that thing went over 100 feet. as soon as i got over to it i was hitting my shoe with a shovel for almost 5 minutes but is that the kind of spider that the venom eat away at your flesh and you end up with a crater like whole in your hand afterwards? cuz i remember being warned about spiders like that while i was down there and i just cant remember the name
    I NEED A BIKE!!!!!!!!

BLING BLING
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro1636
    but is that the kind of spider that the venom eat away at your flesh and you end up with a crater like whole in your hand afterwards? cuz i remember being warned about spiders like that while i was down there and i just cant remember the name
    Yes, it is. Recluse spiders abound in old barns and basements here in Vermont. A guy I know has a stepson who was bitten by one on the butt cheek. It pretty much fell off and they were grafting skin from his legs to replace it. I HATE spiders.
    Or, er I guess I love them if hating anything will get me banned from the site.
    Please spellcheck. It's free for you cheapskates.
    -14 Car Garage-
    Gold teeth rule.

BLING BLING
    Quote Originally Posted by northoceanbeach
    you're a fvcking idiot. if i wanted to see medical pictures, there's tons of gross and horror sites out there. i thought this had at least something to do with biking, or spiders on trails, tips to avoid them, not this garbage. don't post that crap anymore.

Relax.
    Please spellcheck. It's free for you cheapskates.
    -14 Car Garage-
    Gold teeth rule.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Yo.....

the last two pictures. Is that the bone I see running down the middle?

Also, I live with three chicks and saved the last picture as my background. It should be pretty funny to see how they react to it!!

Beau
    Need recycled bike art? PM me!

Need old parts? PM me!

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Awesome Post.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    Awesome Post.
    i heard that chuck norris could kick a brown recluses butt.....

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i heard that chuck norris could kick a brown recluses butt.....

You heard right. Chuck norris could kick anyone's butt.

abolisher of A$$holes
    I saw on National Geographic where this lady got bit by a brown recluse and every year she had to get a little more of her foot (I think that's where she got bit) amputated from the bite...when they showed the show it was like 11 years after she had gotten bit...so beware...you may never recover from a brown recluse spider bite...especially if untreated....

Poser
    Those pictures have been floating around for a while. I think they've always been attributed to the brown recluse, but at the same time, as I understand it, this is a worst case scenario pictures.

As from Snopes.com, the documentors of all that is ******** on the net:
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/brownrecluse.asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast