mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Brodie Recluse FR?

Brodie Recluse
    Alright, anyone have anything to say about Brodie bikes, the Recluse FR bike? im looking @ 2008 $900.00 today. Its for my lady, she's 5,8", the bike is a medium.
    Attached Images
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Looks ok, they're using Specialized's Horst-Link so it should ride quite well. I'd be concerned with support though. Brodie's are not quite available in every shop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    pull the trigger. looks like a good deal and brodies are pretty stout/reliable bikes. a little heavy (dont know if thats an issue with your girl, it was with mine...) but for 900 bones it wont let you down.

Shred...it's the new drug
    brodies are solid and tight... never heard of any breaking. Great customer service too...

mtbr member
    You may want to have her try a small. I'm 5' 7" and prefer the maneuverability of a shorter ride.

_
    I almost got one of those a while back. It looks pretty solid. I agree with lalocotequinta though, she MIGHT want a small. It's hard to tell... But women usually have longer legs and shorter torsoes... So the reach might be a problem. Have her try some small bikes and some medium bikes if you can before committing.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I rode one at Angelfire in 08 and loved it. If you dont buy it, let me know where you found it and I will buy it. Its the same color as my Rampage.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker