Uphill? What's that

Brakes for small hands

I am having trouble finding brakes for my wife. I have to set the reach adjustment pretty close to the bars in order for her to reach the levers. The only problem is after a few runs her brakes start to fade and become quite dangerous. I have tried elixers, code r's , and codes. All have had the same problem. Has anyone else out there had this problem and have you found a reliable brake that stays consistant over a full day of riding.

humber river advocate
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills MPAC
    will build trail for rep... give a rep today...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The Hayes primes have served me well for days on end at whistler with reach set pretty far in.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    run better brake fluid and bigger rotors. i havnt had any issues with my code r with a full synthetic fluid. im also running hopes a mono 4 and trials with synthetic 5.1dot and havnt had any issues. plus the hope levers have alot of adjustability

Huffy Rider
    I have tiny hands and use the Codes for my DH bike. Take the time to bleed them thoroughly. Be meticulous! I have bled them one time and have never had them fade, this is with many days at bike parks. They have a pad adjustment I use when the pads start to wear to keep the reach and throw the same. If you need some bleed tips, let me know. Good luck with your search.

Uphill? What's that
    Its not the bleeding.. I have had them bled by myself ( multiple times)2 local bike mechanics and a rep. From avid ( the longest they have lasted without fading has been about 4 days of riding)I have been riding codes for a couple of years myself and always feel them fade during a day of riding, it just does not bother me as much because I have large hands and have the reachadjustment set pretty far out so I never lose feel. Thanks for the tip but honestly I have pretty much given up on avid brakes for the wife.. I am probably going to look into the formulas and maybe shimano.