mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Bouncy but plush super t, boxxer,...????

Hey i have decided no my frame and components(05 scream) and i was just asking out of the 700-900 price range i've picked super t, boxxer team, sherman slider, and used shivers for my forks. What do you guys think has a better feeling and adjustments, i really really want this fork to be very adjustable and be able to be plush but bouncy but then i want to be able to change it to 0 preload and a little rebound. I don't care about weight or anything like that but out of those forks what would you guys suggest?

painfully ordinary
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderp2
    Hey i have decided no my frame and components(05 scream) and i was just asking out of the 700-900 price range i've picked super t, boxxer team, sherman slider, and used shivers for my forks. What do you guys think has a better feeling and adjustments, i really really want this fork to be very adjustable and be able to be plush but bouncy but then i want to be able to change it to 0 preload and a little rebound. I don't care about weight or anything like that but out of those forks what would you guys suggest?
    well, Ive got a super T, and I love it, but why do you want a "bouncy" fork? you can find that at Wal-mart. You can adjust your rebound on all the forks mentioned, make it fast (I guess "bouncy") or slow it down. your compression will depend on the oil and the spring wieght. but Id go for the super T, just couse I have one and know how well it works, but if you can find a used shiver and dont mind the wieght that would be good too.
    I got nuthin......

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ya ur right. i don't really mean bouncy i mean i don't like the feeling of drop off triples that are dead that just go down and like don't come up,

Chillin the Most

only one choice...

based on your choices, get a Shiver. You can find great deals on 02-03's. I got mine for 550.00 and I know a few other who have paid 500.00 or less for them. Sweet forks.

Former Noob Herder
    i just got to say, 'bouncy' is the worst word i've heard to describe suspension action since 'plush', only much much worse.....

'geez, what a bouncy ride'....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!