mtbr member

New question here. Boot'r Vs. Stab Deluxe both 2010

Both have very similar components but which one rides/ races better?
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
    i just love this

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    boot'r

mtbr member
    i need a reason. i cant just buy one cuz u sed to
    i just love this

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    heheh... you just asked which one rode/raced better... I answered. Thats the reason why.

boot'r has better geo/weight/suspension kinematics (the three main important things for a nice dh bike). ask anyone who has ridden one and you will get good feedback across the board. while the kona has come a long way, it still isn't quite up to snuff in terms of so-called modern requirements of a good race bike.

mtbr member
    I view the exact opposite. I have heard from some very good (pro class) riders that the mongoose rides like crap. I know someone who podiums on a stab that races on the east coast here. From what I have heard, the bottom bracket moves weird as the bike goes through travel. As for geo, I would say the stab is pretty decent.

No personal experience here. I have ridden a stab and think it is ok however. That is about it. I am just going off what others have said.

For The Win
    Well, I own one, so I'm inclined to say a stab. It rips downhill, but it's so long and slack it's sort of tricky to jump... it's also a pig to get back up to the top. However, you said racing, which is presumably at resorts, with shuttles, so I wouldn't worry about getting up. Aside from the heavy, it's a great bike, and don't buy in to all the pinkbike-esque garbage from people saying "OMGGG wtf Konas break so easy and they're just lame single pivots". I have 2, and they both ride awesome. And, like, omg, they haven't broken! I've ridden a boot'r, and a khyber, which is like a lil' boot'r. They seemed solid, but like somebody above said, I think they're a little iffy for racing.
    Oh, also, my stab is an old '06, so I bet the 10 is even better.
    Slow is cool too, right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zdubyadubya
    heheh... you just asked which one rode/raced better... I answered. Thats the reason why.

boot'r has better geo/weight/suspension kinematics (the three main important things for a nice dh bike). ask anyone who has ridden one and you will get good feedback across the board. while the kona has come a long way, it still isn't quite up to snuff in terms of so-called modern requirements of a good race bike.
    rofl

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've heard great things about both, I would say you couldnt go wrong with either choice. When i replaced my frame I was open to all decent options, and both the stab and bootr were on my list but i ended up with a sunday. Got links to the specific ones you are looking at? we may be able to give you a better opinion seeing the actual bikes. honestly though i think you would love either one

mtbr member
    What about a Demo 8 I? anybody ridden one before?
    i just love this

If you think you can
    Quote Originally Posted by DHmonkey123
    What about a Demo 8 I? anybody ridden one before?
    I doubt it. Ya, probably nobody............