mtbr member
    Sep 2009

bontrager 10m axel thru king earl convert to 12m axel thru

I have a king earl rear wheel that came stock with a 135x10m bolt thru,does bontrager sell a 12m bolt through covert kit for this wheel.
    I also have a big earl and earl wheel rear,both of those are standard 10x135 q.r. wheels,can these be converted to 135x12 thru...
    I included a picture of my morewood mbuzi that uses a 12x135 axel....
    see picture below...
    Thx for the help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bontrager 10m axel thru king earl convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-002.jpg  

bontrager 10m axel thru king earl convert to 12m axel thru-mtbr-003.jpg  

Last edited by AMCAT; 02-16-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: mis spell in tile

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/K...x?ModelID=7595

You should be able to build up soemthing there, and get within your budget, even with shipping.

Or, the classifieds and ebay to see if anyone has something.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/K...x?ModelID=7595

You should be able to build up soemthing there, and get within your budget, even with shipping.

Or, the classifieds and ebay to see if anyone has something.
    Thx...My first option is to see if any of my bontrager wheels can work

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    No go with your hub as far as I know (although all the bontrager stuff is OEM, that is not really sold, so they make what they need to fit their frames and have no reason to give any tech info out to the public). I would think you would need to call Trek (and get a tech minded person on the phone) to give you a 'for sure' answer, but I would start saving you $$.

135 X 12 is really an 'odd' size and thus not all mfg make a hub in this size. Saint, Hope, and Hadley all come in this size.....maybe something from ringle or formula for a less expensive option....start searching. If you buy a new hub, you will need new spokes and pay for a wheel build.

[SIZE="1"]BTW, millimeter = mm and that 12mm bolt like thing is an axle[/SIZE]