ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Bombshell Fat Daddy & Halo Tornado rims

Im looking for some strong but light rims for freeride and DH, but I cant find too much info about these rims...has anybody tried them?, I know Halo SAS rim as well but those seem to be quite heavy, Im 185lbs and they would go on a Banshee Scream; Im attracted to try Mavic ex823 and see how tubeless works but Im not sure if I want to change to tubeless right now as it seems not to be as reliable as a "tubed" wheel, cheers for your opinions!!

I bike long tyme.
    Dude, I got Bombshell Fat Daddy's on my C-field F1 and they rock on. They're built up with Hope hubs and DT Revolution spokes and that wheelset is way lighter than my Ritchey OCR xc wheelset but twice as stiff. I'm a light guy but I ride hard and they've held up multiple poundings and are still as true as an arrow with no probs/dings/etc. I think Darren Berrecloth was riding Fat Daddy's for the longest time if he's still not. He's smooth as glass but you know he hits some huge shizit and rolls back home on them. They're reasonably priced too compared to everything else. Gabriel at Adrenaline Bikes will hook you up on a Fat Daddy buildup like no tomorrow.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    okay cheers for the info on the Bombshells, it surprises me there is no much information about this rim moreover when they seem to be quite good for their price!! right now, Im leaning towards Bombshells!!more opinions welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Secace
    Dude, I got Bombshell Fat Daddy's on my C-field F1 and they rock on. They're built up with Hope hubs and DT Revolution spokes and that wheelset is way lighter than my Ritchey OCR xc wheelset but twice as stiff. I'm a light guy but I ride hard and they've held up multiple poundings and are still as true as an arrow with no probs/dings/etc. I think Darren Berrecloth was riding Fat Daddy's for the longest time if he's still not. He's smooth as glass but you know he hits some huge shizit and rolls back home on them. They're reasonably priced too compared to everything else. Gabriel at Adrenaline Bikes will hook you up on a Fat Daddy buildup like no tomorrow.