mtbr member

Bike Park Recommendations

I am need of the wisdom of the downhill gods of the MTBR.

I am trying to decide the best choice of bike parks between winter park, breckinridge, keystone, etc....basically that general area. A buddy and I are planning about a 3 day trip this summer and I am trying to figure out where would be the best location for the trip being that neither of us has been to any of those parks in a couple of years.

A couple of things to note:

1. We will be camping so campgrounds near the base of the mountain is a big plus.
    2. We will be on a specialized evo enduro and a knolly delirium t both with 170mm single crowns.
    3. Lift tickets prices are not a huge concern but would obviously like to be as cheap as possible.
    4. We are looking for pure gravity riding with lift access. We get enough XC rides at home.

What say you!!

bike rider
    Bryan Head Utah is Incredible! I've been a lot of places (Mammoth CA. Park City UT. Deer Valley UT. Boulder City NV. Vail CO. Purgatory CO. Big Bear CA. Moab UT. Mt.Snow VT. Plattekill NY. Sundance UT. Northstar Tahoe CA. and others) and Bryan Head has my favorite single DH trail of all time, Dark Hollow. It starts above where the lift goes and you shuttle to the top. The park had a variety of trails and the shuttle stuff is Great as well. Angel Fire NM has a Great Part with everything from a Mini A-Line (Boulder Dash) to some gnarly Black Diamonds.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

mtbr member

Bike Park Recommendations

I went to Angel Fire last Summer and it was a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yeah I have been wanting to go to Angel Fire for a long time now...I hear it is getting better every year.

I am trying to decide on which park to go to within two hours of Denver, hence the locations I named in the OP. I know there are better locations but these are the ones that are available to us this year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Winter Park = more manmade terrain
    Keystone = more natural terrain

ride em both for a day and go to valmont or frisco for your third, or WP,Keystone. you will have a blast riding any of these parks! I've been going for the last 4 years!
    can't help you with camping, I stay with friends in boulder. ride a 07 sxtrail with a totem, kills everything at WP, Keystone has some trails that make me wish I had a full on sled but totally doable on my bike. valmont and frisco are a must stop to ride, as they are amazing FREE bike parks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCRIGID View Post
    Winter Park = more manmade terrain
    Keystone = more natural terrain

ride em both for a day and go to valmont or frisco for your third, or WP,Keystone. you will have a blast riding any of these parks! I've been going for the last 4 years!
    can't help you with camping, I stay with friends in boulder. ride a 07 sxtrail with a totem, kills everything at WP, Keystone has some trails that make me wish I had a full on sled but totally doable on my bike. valmont and frisco are a must stop to ride, as they are amazing FREE bike parks.
    Thanks DOC, this is exactly what I was looking for!

I passed the Frisco Park a couple of times in December when I was up in Breckinridge snowboarding and it looked awesome. From their website and, from what I can remember driving by, it looked like more of a DJ area. Is this correct? Trying to decide if I need to throw the DJer in the back of the truck along with the Knolly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    frisco has DJ's and slopestyle stuff, not as much wooden stuff as valmont, hell yeah bring the DJ'er!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    check out: Best resort in CO!?

the Frisco dirt jumps are fun but could be done after a day at Keystone (they are like 15 min apart). If you're looking to maximize the DH then do the resorts. I'd vote WP, granby ranch, keystone but you could pick any 3 - cheapest, closest, whatever. I've never had a bad day at a bike park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpcaser View Post
    check out: Best resort in CO!?

the Frisco dirt jumps are fun but could be done after a day at Keystone (they are like 15 min apart). If you're looking to maximize the DH then do the resorts. I'd vote WP, granby ranch, keystone but you could pick any 3 - cheapest, closest, whatever. I've never had a bad day at a bike park
    What is Grandby like? I have never even heard of it. Looks pretty damn close to WP which would be nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrakes2007 View Post
    What is Grandby like? I have never even heard of it. Looks pretty damn close to WP which would be nice.
    Not as big of a mtn as the others = shorter laps, but lots of fun IMO. They have some legit stunts and trails. Most riders there are good so you'll be dodging the least amount of noobies of any bike park in CO. definitely worth a visit