Thread: best BB

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

best BB

I hava Ells Joker with a RF northshore DH. BB is a fsa model 68x 113. Cain line sucks. 9spd triple. Goin to a 68x108. Flangeless. Ill cheat the BB to the non driver to help out chainline.
    Whic B would ou recommend. Im not a weight weenie for this build. Riht now its 31# strong wit duc32 fork
    TIA, Tom

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by trodaq View Post
    Ill cheat the BB to the non driver to help out chainline.
    Whic B would ou recommend. Im not a weight weenie for this build. Riht now its 31# strong wit duc32 fork
    TIA, Tom
    I lost you starting here.... From what I gather. "I'll cheat(Huh?) the BB to the non-drive side to help out the chain line. Which BB would you recommend? I'm not a weight weenie with this build. Right now it's 31 lbs, strong, with duc32(What?) fork."
    Anyways, the SKF ISIS 600 BB is pretty much the top of the line. Your choices are slim with ISIS though, but between Truvativ, FSA, and SKF, I'd go with the SKF.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Because theres no flange I can wind the drive side in and leave the nondrive side out a bit, making the chainliine a little straigher. DUC 32 is a Maverick fork. Not concerned with a light weight BB just a good strong one.
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Tom

Eroding into the trail
    Truvative Howitzer Team (it's ISIS, but w/external thread-in cups) if your cranks will fit the spindle splines. Numerous widths avail. Damn near bulletproof.
    Issue here is how tight you need you chain-line alignment & if you are going to use a 2x9 w/bash guard.