Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    whats it about

yes that means i dont know so dont bother with the "you dont know! haha" 's and just tell me

Can't get right...

Berrecloth on Discovery in 1 Hour(East coast anyway)

Berrecloth on Discovery in 1 Hour(East coast anyway). Get off the computer and get in front of the TV. This is ur last reminder.......
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

banned
    I guess it's Berrelcloth hitting some line in Utah, some drop, and showing his bike. I assume it's at 9PM Central Time. I am definitely watching this..

mtbr member
    someone want to record it for me then send it up to canada and pay for next day shipping?

there might be a cookie in it for you

SNOWRIDER
    10 P.M. left coast time
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

mtbr member
    yeah supposidly gonna do the line at utah and drop out of the specialized warehouse. They are gonne review his blue demo 8 too. This is gonna be a cool show. Butive gotta flip back and fourth between this and the BC vs. duke game
    Sully

crumb
    Yo thanks for reminding me I was about to crash for the night

locked - time out
    The testing section where they went through the Specialized factory was pretty cool to see! Other than that, it was ok, sick line.

Just Ride
    way over dramatized...still cool to see us gettin some public attention though

mtbr member
    "darren was able to keep the forces of gravity, air resistance and friction in equilibrium"
    tried to make it wayyyy to sciency. But Darrens blue demo w/ white travis was so hawt.
    I thought he was supposed to drop out of the specialized warehouse
    Sully

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    don't get me wrong it was a cool segment, but i feel like it was way hyped. I mean it seemed liked the drops in the rampage were a lot bigger then the majority of the stuff on that line. I guess for people who don't know about freeriding it would seem way cool, but to the fan, it just seemed a lot like stuff that has already been done.
    Just ride.....

ouch
    It would have been nice if they showed a bit more riding or footage of the specialized factory.

All of the hype up and layman's applied science was lame.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by GetMe2MT
    The testing section where they went through the Specialized factory was pretty cool to see! Other than that, it was ok, sick line.
    That was kind of a let down(short because of all the commecials) I did like when they went over the bike and that 360 was sick!
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

Cynical Bystander
    I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering how little of our sport we get on tv. Some decent footage as well as sort of a noob approach to it that explained it to those folks who probably otherwise would have no clue what's going on. And of course his AWESOMELY hot blue Demo. haha.

I mean, sure it wasn't like watching Earthed or anything liek that, but it's a decent start and some good publicity for our sport.

I bet Specialized LOVED the show, with all the mentions of Specialized and footage of the factory and everything.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Loves His Sunday
    Cool. But they played up the stuntman image way too much. We are athletes not daredevils hucking off anything that's "deathdefying." Sick line though

banned
    It still made me want to go ride my bike.

And yes, his bike is HOT!

mtbr member
    i'm pissed, it was good, but a 2K+ frame they break just for discovery where as they could have given it away for people to try out. but it shows how tough the bike is. the line was sick, but too much talk, not enough riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I didnt like it to much. The start got me so excited to see him ride this line. When he finally did the line it was like 10 seconds and they didnt have enough cameras on it. Plus the whole comentary sucked.

Though it was pretty sweet when they bent that demo frame 11 g's is just nuts

SNOWRIDER
    Shut the hell up man I aint seen it yet!
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

DIRTYAMERICAN
    Apr 2004
    I'm just happy to watch freeride mtb on TV here in Kansas. Good show.
    let's roll

aka Jesse Palmer
    They should have pushed that annoying talking head out of the chopper on the way up...

Freshly Fujified

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering how little of our sport we get on tv. Some decent footage as well as sort of a noob approach to it that explained it to those folks who probably otherwise would have no clue what's going on.
    Certainly nothing the hard core MTBer would jump up and down over, but to the uneducated masses, a positive look at the sport. Moreso, I found it personally interesting to see just how much preparation went into the stunt. Lotta work on the trail, etc. etc.

It will be on tomorrow night same time for those who missed it.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    I love that bike that blue is the shiznat and when there showing the fork i was like really thats how those things work lol!
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    i'm pissed, it was good, but a 2K+ frame they break just for discovery where as they could have given it away for people to try out. but it shows how tough the bike is. the line was sick, but too much talk, not enough riding.
    Lol, you know it doesn't cost $2k to make right?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Can't get right...
    It was ehhhh. The bike was sweet. I recorded it but need a host if anyone is interested in hosting 20 minutes of buildup for 2 mins of action.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

Meh.
    What a letdown. I think it was way overhyped. Commentary sucked.

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp3d
    They should have pushed that annoying talking head out of the chopper on the way up...
    I agree, that guy was annoying as hell. It was cool just to see our sport on TV and it was pretty hardcore because of the possibility of riding off the edge but if they were going to do a discovery channel show they should have had some larger drops. I wasn’t really impressed till the 360 at the end. What I dont get is they kept saying it was the longest line down a hill ever. Correct me if Im wrong but aren’t lines at Whistler 1500'?

Edit, Actually I shouldn’t say I wasn’t impressed because I doubt I would be hitting that but the problem is the bar has been set so high by other riders doing crazier stuff that you see on DVD's and on line all the time and when you see the discovery channel is doing a feature you would expect that there would be more wow factor. But like I said before, its still cool and worth watching. And props to Berrecloth for nailing a trail that most of us will never see let alone ride
    Last edited by milhouse; 02-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    C

It will be on tomorrow night same time for those who missed it.

Bob
    good i missed it...busy with the laker lack of effort in Indianna
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    Shut the hell up man I aint seen it yet!

Dude I know... cursed west coast time! Damn thee!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    Dude I know... cursed west coast time! Damn thee!
    hey, we can't have everything. At least i'm not all fired up to get let down now.

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    hey, we can't have everything. At least i'm not all fired up to get let down now.
    tru dat.

SpitFire Pilot
    crap!

I missed it.

-PB

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Atleast someones positive is getting visibility. And he didn't crash!!!
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I thought it was pretty good. Sure it was overhyped, but compared to shows like Jeep KOTM, it rocked, and it was some pretty damn good exposure for the sport. I had a few freinds over tonight and we watched it. They dont ride and really havent been interested in it till now, but they thought the show was pretty badass, and thats what it all about. Getting more people into our sport.

ride hard take risks
    That was good, the science part was funny but if you dont know about the sport it puts more suspense into it. Those that ride would like to see more action especially the wherhouse jump?? but the average joe would think it's totally insane!! I would give it a 8 of 10, great for the sport

mtbr member
    Good program for the FR world exposure. I agree with what was said mostly.

But

I think that people are being too critical about his line selection and what he did on his run. Bearclaw on his first attempt down the hill played it safe, just like everyone else does with any new line. Making it down was his primary goal. A couple of style points in there but overall just playing it safe. At the end he implied that he wanted to do it again because he saw some things that he could do better (more style).
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    it's at 11 on the west coast (SMT, you didn't miss it)...

I'm kind of excited about watching it.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Cool, I can watch it then!

surf-ride-repeat
    That was teh weakest sausage...

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    the Bald Guy Was A Doush

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    the Bald Guy Was A Doush
    Yes he is.
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

The Lincoln Woods Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by GetMe2MT

That was cool when they folded the downtube on the stress machine.I wasnt impressed with the riding footage..however, Big D was there and maybe he filmed footage for new world disorder 7. That was a sick line.
    "I push bike up and ride it down"

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    way over dramatized...still cool to see us gettin some public attention though

Agreed! That show is exactly what's wrong with TV it can take pretty good footage or stunts and just make it look like Drama tv.

I have watched a couple shows but now that I have seen the MTB episode I am removing it from the Tivo. The host is aweful and I despise Drama tv. And people wonder why all I watch are Animated comedies and racing (f1 and Motorcyle) everything else is just not worth it.
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

Click to see my Orange Ano Blur LT

TNC
    noMAD man

Exactly, Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering how little of our sport we get on tv. Some decent footage as well as sort of a noob approach to it that explained it to those folks who probably otherwise would have no clue what's going on. And of course his AWESOMELY hot blue Demo. haha.

I mean, sure it wasn't like watching Earthed or anything liek that, but it's a decent start and some good publicity for our sport.

I bet Specialized LOVED the show, with all the mentions of Specialized and footage of the factory and everything.
    For TV coverage of FR, it wasn't half bad. Green horns who know nothing about the sport get a peek at what some of it is about, and we get to see something on TV other than "Desperate Housewives". Well, I don't watch "Desperate House****s"...I usually watch the History channel...I'm old so the H channel is actually like watching home movies.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Cool. But they played up the stuntman image way too much. We are athletes not daredevils hucking off anything that's "deathdefying." Sick line though
    agreed and the drama was just ghey! still, that line was really exposed in spots and I really don't think the "cinematography" did much justice to just how gnar it was. Maybe we just think that if the drops aren't huge, then its not that impressive. Personally, I think a 15' drop to an exposed pinpoint landing is a lot more ballsy than droping 30' to a nice long runout. But that's just me.

Good exposure either way for us, hokey as it was.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I agree it wasn't great.

Darren was cool and stuff, the line was okay, but they hyped it up waaaayyyy too much. What they showed actual riding in the first intro of the show, all those clips from other stuff, maybe 30 seconds? Then his actual line was maybe another 30 seconds?

Honestly, its cool that it was on there, but they need some new hosts. That blonde 60 year old guy was more annoying than the bald guy. He kept saying retarded stuff the whole time Darren was getting ready and scoping it out, etc.

Overall, cool that it was on TV, but poorly shot and the hosts were annoying as F%!*.

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by jherich
    Yes he is.

The bald guy gave Darren full props for what he did and even got to ride with him a little - I do think there was too much applied science though and not enough riding footage. The camera work sucked a little too. I'm surprised they didn't mention the Rampage more - it made it seem like he was the only rider to ever do this. Overall it was better than I thought it would be considering it was a 30 minute show.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Ugh...

A couple things...

1) Darren is the shiot but that show didnt do him much justice.
    2) I really hope he got paid well to do that...I have no idea how he kept a straight face the whole time. You know he must have thought those hosts were total clowns.
    3) I felt like I was watching a Fox special, over done.

That's it actually.

T.

mtbr member

It was worth staying up late to watch.

Berrecloth was the total profesional (unlike the doped out jerk image some people have of the FR/DH crowd).
    I would have loved to see more of the Specialized factory (the warehouse drop!).
    That pow blue Demo was HAWT!
    I agree, the line while long wasn't too hardcore especially compared to some of the mildest DVDs out there.

Either way, Darren was a good representative of our segment of the sport and overall any positive coverage of MTB on a mainstream TV show is good news.
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    a few observations:
    1. all of you questioning that line would never even try the first 250 feet. it was bad camera lines and cinematography that robbed the run of its just due. and db made it look so smooth and easy. it was not the hardest line in history but i dont remember anyone saying it was.
    2. who cares about announcers or interviewers? its all about exposure. this aint mtv-its the discovery channel for christs sake.
    3. until one of you post a video anywhere near that level stfu. it is hard work. be happy for darren. for freeriding. im mean really the constant siskel and ebert (mostly talking out the side of your assses) is getting sooooo old here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast