Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Berrecloth on Discovery in 1 Hour(East coast anyway)

3K views 71 replies 49 participants last post by  freerider167 
#1 ·
whats it about

yes that means i dont know so dont bother with the "you dont know! haha" 's and just tell me

#3 ·
I guess it's Berrelcloth hitting some line in Utah, some drop, and showing his bike. I assume it's at 9PM Central Time. I am definitely watching this..

#11 ·
don't get me wrong it was a cool segment, but i feel like it was way hyped. I mean it seemed liked the drops in the rampage were a lot bigger then the majority of the stuff on that line. I guess for people who don't know about freeriding it would seem way cool, but to the fan, it just seemed a lot like stuff that has already been done.

#13 ·
GetMe2MT said:
The testing section where they went through the Specialized factory was pretty cool to see! Other than that, it was ok, sick line.
That was kind of a let down(short because of all the commecials) I did like when they went over the bike and that 360 was sick!

#14 ·
I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering how little of our sport we get on tv. Some decent footage as well as sort of a noob approach to it that explained it to those folks who probably otherwise would have no clue what's going on. And of course his AWESOMELY hot blue Demo. :cool: haha.

I mean, sure it wasn't like watching Earthed or anything liek that, but it's a decent start and some good publicity for our sport.

I bet Specialized LOVED the show, with all the mentions of Specialized and footage of the factory and everything. :p

#15 ·
Cool. But they played up the stuntman image way too much. We are athletes not daredevils hucking off anything that's "deathdefying." Sick line though

#18 ·
I didnt like it to much. The start got me so excited to see him ride this line. When he finally did the line it was like 10 seconds and they didnt have enough cameras on it. Plus the whole comentary sucked.

Though it was pretty sweet when they bent that demo frame 11 g's is just nuts

#22 ·
I agree

COmtbiker12 said:
I thought it was pretty cool, especially considering how little of our sport we get on tv. Some decent footage as well as sort of a noob approach to it that explained it to those folks who probably otherwise would have no clue what's going on.
Certainly nothing the hard core MTBer would jump up and down over, but to the uneducated masses, a positive look at the sport. Moreso, I found it personally interesting to see just how much preparation went into the stunt. Lotta work on the trail, etc. etc.

It will be on tomorrow night same time for those who missed it.

Bob

#24 ·
freerider167 said:
i'm pissed, it was good, but a 2K+ frame they break just for discovery where as they could have given it away for people to try out. but it shows how tough the bike is. the line was sick, but too much talk, not enough riding.
Lol, you know it doesn't cost $2k to make right? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.