CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??

BELL Super, anyone tried theis helmet yet?

Bell Super Enduro and All Mountain Helmet - YouTube
    Always lookin for a helmet that is not full face, has a visor & plays well w/gogglez. Lookin for some feedback.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Sweet lid, gets good reviews from bikeradar and it's users.

mtbr member
    I have about a month on mine. (ordered direct from Bell the day they released...). For reference the other xc/AM helments I have or have used are Giro Xen (owned 3 or 4 and was one of my go to helmets for years... never felt the need to get a zar), Urge enduro-matic (been my other go to helmet for the past two years), Kali Avita Carbon (rode for a few months, hated it, it wiggled and never felt comfortable...been sitting on a shelf for a year and half...think I finally just threw in trash), Poc trabec - never rode, just didn't fit me right...nice helmet though.

I have been pleased with the Bell Super. It ventilates and breathes very well (on par with the Giro Xen and better than the Urge) , does not move when riding, holds sweat back at an acceptable level (could be better but does the job), and I generally forget I am wearing it once I start riding. The only slight complaint I have is the forehead padding is fairly narrow and firm. When I put it on I always feel the front spars on the inside of the helmet for a minute or two. It does not have that plush on the front of your forehead feel as compared to the Urge (their gansta pad is excellent and the best I have ever used) nor is it as soft as the Xen. Its not a deal breaker but something to consider. I would assume the smaller padding helps with the breathability.

I still like the feel of the urge better but find it too hot for summer rides in Texas with 90-105 degrees. I really needed to retire both my Xen and Urge due to age, use, and funk. The Super is going to be my replacement for the Xen. I'll probably pick up a new urge once things cool off in the fall.

Lastly... I like the looks. Less goofy than the Urge and does not have the I am wearing a watermelon on my head look. Strikes a good balance between dirt jump lid and xc helmet.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    I have about a month on mine. (ordered direct from Bell the day they released...). For reference the other xc/AM helments I have or have used are Giro Xen (owned 3 or 4 and was one of my go to helmets for years... never felt the need to get a zar), Urge enduro-matic (been my other go to helmet for the past two years), Kali Avita Carbon (rode for a few months, hated it, it wiggled and never felt comfortable...been sitting on a shelf for a year and half...think I finally just threw in trash), Poc trabec - never rode, just didn't fit me right...nice helmet though.

I have been pleased with the Bell Super. It ventilates and breathes very well (on par with the Giro Xen and better than the Urge) , does not move when riding, holds sweat back at an acceptable level (could be better but does the job), and I generally forget I am wearing it once I start riding. The only slight complaint I have is the forehead padding is fairly narrow and firm. When I put it on I always feel the front spars on the inside of the helmet for a minute or two. It does not have that plush on the front of your forehead feel as compared to the Urge (their gansta pad is excellent and the best I have ever used) nor is it as soft as the Xen. Its not a deal breaker but something to consider. I would assume the smaller padding helps with the breathability.

I still like the feel of the urge better but find it too hot for summer rides in Texas with 90-105 degrees. I really needed to retire both my Xen and Urge due to age, use, and funk. The Super is going to be my replacement for the Xen. I'll probably pick up a new urge once things cool off in the fall.

Lastly... I like the looks. Less goofy than the Urge and does not have the I am wearing a watermelon on my head look. Strikes a good balance between dirt jump lid and xc helmet.
    THAT'S what I'm lookin for !!
    Thanx string
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"