mtbr member

Bearclaw invite + dual slalom. .

Bearclaw invite is coming up in August. And i read over on PB (http://www.pinkbike.com/news/bearcla...al-3-2008.html) about the addition of a free dual slalom. here is what Bearclaw said about the format

"The format of the free slalom is simple; it's a dual slalom course with 3 or 4 dirt jumps in it. It's basically racing with the jumps also being judged, in a similar format to mogul skiing. We're bringing in a mogul skiing judge for continuity and yes, this is the first time a competition of this sort is being held. And just so you know, Kirt Vories is the guy who came up with the idea. Werd Kurt!"

What do you guys think about it?

Personally I think its going to be awesome, i always like watching moguls in the winter.. and I like dual slalom on dirt.. i'm excited.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Neat. Interesting to maybe try it with required tricks and judge on execution of said tricks...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Neat. Interesting to maybe try it with required tricks and judge on execution of said tricks...
    I just really like the idea of bring a timed and judged event to the dirt.

Now with flavor!!
    So friggin rad.

Props the whore hees and bear slaw. It's one thing to sit comfy in your sponsorship and vid parts but berrecloth keeps it interesting for everybody.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

clyde in training
    interesting. is the judging for the event going to be almost exactly the same as it is for moguls? I could see some controversy sparked over the scoring system.

trail fairy
    Love it, gotta give it to the Claw he comes up with some nar stuff and definitley new ideas which is cool, I like hwta Ive seen of his invitational compared to crankworx too, imo its more mtb course I would love to be at both, but have to suffice with DVD action!

Go the Claw, now come ride a Turner
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs