Thread: Balfa BB7

mtbr member

Balfa BB7

Hey guys. I was looking around on buy'sell places, wasnt too serious about buying anything because I didnt think I would find something in my price range but I found this. A 2003 Balfa BB7. The guy said he was looking for a hardtail so he would trade me for my Morphine frame, and I'd only have to pay a little cash too. Is a 03 BB7 any good? Any thing I should know about the 2003's? Should I go for it, if its in decent shape? The pics look fine aside from some dirt.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I personally like the design, didn't have opportunity to ride it (which is bad).

Try this:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Balfa-BB7-review-2006.html

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset...ct_50553.shtml

mtbr member
    My only concern would be that Balfa is out of business therefore no access to frame parts etc.
    Get over it!

conjoinicorned
    www.balfa.co.uk bought all balfa's old stock, they might have parts should you need. also appalache has created a "new version" of the BB7, they might have parts that fit.

FWIW the BB7 is a wicked DH bike, the high pivot/jackshaft makes for a great pedlar and the cromoly rear end is tough. not a light bike. i say go for it....but i am a balfa whore.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    here she be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr remember
    I'd trade an overbuilt morphine for a classic Balfa anyday!!! like ferday mentioned, they just came back with the same design, but named the Appalache Real!

sick little ride for sure! I just saw one somewhere with a Totem on it and it looked mean!

just make sure it is in good mechanical and structural order, obviously, I'm sure you knew that.
    are you trading complete for complete, or frame for frame? what shock?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Glad to Be Alive
    go for it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Do the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Really nice bike. I would do the trade any minute...

mtbr member
    --shock is fox vanilla rc w/ propedal. Any good? Sorry, I've never ridden a squish in my life, so I dont know anything about shocks.
    --Also, how much do you think it would cost me to get the cheapest professional black paint job? I want better than rattle can, but dont want to spend to much. any guesses?
    --Last thing, does any one know the weight of the bb7? I've got a feeling its gunna be fat...