mtbr member
    Dec 2004

azonic outlaw vs sun add experts?

its been a while since I had a dh rig so I am looking for a wheelset for the weekend trips. The outlaws get good reviews for a short money set but I am not too sure about the add from ringle. I am used to hope and king hubs so I am thinking the sun hubs are closer to these with the quicker engagement. Is there not much difference between the hubs on the azonic outlaws vs the sun ringle add experts?

Stand back
    I've had a few sets of Outlaws and am running a set of Charger Pros on my Enduro currently. With the right lube, the Sun hubs are pretty comparable in feel to the Hopes (of which I also own a couple sets). My Chargers came with some thicker lube which slowed down the engagement, but once I switched to motor oil (at the suggestion of a Sun tech), they felt a lot better.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Im running outlaws. Have had 2 different sets on 2 different dh bikes. Never had any problems, broke a spoke here and there and had to true them up every once in a while but thats expected. I have never done any sort of maintenance on the hubs themselves, or bearing. maybe its time i start though haha. i can vouch for the strength and ease of ownership for them, but i am in the market for a new wheelset on account that my bike is a tad heavy and my wheelset is where the most weight could be saved. the sun add experts were on my list as a replacement.