Worlds fastest geologist

Azonic Avenger...yay or neh?

Has anybody ridden (or have) an Azonic avenger? I know its more of an AM bike, but I figured the FR/DH might be more familiar with Azonic frames. Its a basic 6" 4 link bike...looks nice (aside from the 68mm BB WITHOUT ISCG tabs) and comes with a Roco world cup on it. I know that Azonic doesnt build their own frames, and that they've had some issues with quality in the past...but i can pick one of these up for about $900 which doesnt seem too shabby if they are in fact decent frames. Any thoughts...or any other frames out there that come in at about a grand or a little more with 6"+ and are decent. Can't spend too much right now and need something to replace my cracked Ellsworth Joker...didnt have enough seatpost inserted and cracked the seatube DOH

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ive heard good things about the Sette Flite AM bike, 4,5,6" travel modes
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam
    make dirt bike noises when you go through go brrraaapp brraapppp brraappp it helps keep your mind off how difficult it is

Worlds fastest geologist
    That one actually looks pretty damn similar sans the dropouts being on the swingwarm rather than the shock stays...not too familiar with sette, but I'll check that out. Just looked at Azonics B-52...it also looks good 7.3" travel, but the question is, will it actually pedal uphill at all. Looks to be FSR, but not seing any decals or such.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i saw a guy riding one at diablo, he was doing everything. i watched him do the cannon drop to the dominion seemed like it was doing good
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam
    make dirt bike noises when you go through go brrraaapp brraapppp brraappp it helps keep your mind off how difficult it is

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by courtjester_78
    That one actually looks pretty damn similar sans the dropouts being on the swingwarm rather than the shock stays...not too familiar with sette, but I'll check that out. Just looked at Azonics B-52...it also looks good 7.3" travel, but the question is, will it actually pedal uphill at all. Looks to be FSR, but not seing any decals or such.
    Read the reviews
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn...7_1547crx.aspx

If you wanted to build a DH Bike you cant go wrong with this http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/194...-Vivid-4.1.htm same price as the Azonic you are talking about.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Worlds fastest geologist
    I do like the flight AM, looks pretty good and price point shows em coming in at $399! Has anyone here actually ridden one of the Flight AM bikes? I've been told that bikes with the dropouts on the swingarm dont ride quite as well as those with the dropouts on the shock stays...Anyone care to set me straight as I've ridden mostly short travel bikes or single pivot bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

No good

Neh!

mtbr member
    I would look up the user highdelll, he has a full custom Flite and he rides it a lot.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Worlds fastest geologist
    Care to explain the neh bluemarvel?...I'm just curious

troubled economist
    Basicallly the update of the Azonic Saber/Xtension AM model. I had a Saber and loved it. Horst link, AM geo, decent for intended use.

B52- Propedal on, you can climb, all depends on the legs, IMO.

Glad to Be Alive
    it's a cool bike....not really meant for drops and such....linkage looks more XC or lite AM....I am thinking about getting one right nowfor fun rides....

one thing

you can get a better deal then 900
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days