Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Attention anyone who's warn various Five.Tens. Help!

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  KrankedDH 
#1 ·
Ha. I said "warn." Obviously I meant "worn!"

Are all their bike shoes as wide as the Impacts?

I tried the Impacts and just couldn't handle the width. They were perfect length-wise but I felt like I was swimming in them. I have a pretty narrow foot, and I'm used to a lot of shoes being a bit wide, but I think the Impacts were the widest shoes I've ever put on. I contacted Five Ten and they said they're all made from the same last...so the answer is probably no, but I thought I'd check for some real world experience with Freeriders, Line Kings, Basics, etc.

P.S. No, I can't go try them on anywhere. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have heard people say they are wide which is really strange to me. I have crazy narrow feet and the impacts fit me perfect. I probably have a good 2 or so inches from one side of the lace loops to the other (if that makes sense, 2 inches of tongue showing in the middle).

I have tired on the freeriders and if anything they felt a bit wider to me.

#10 ·
I have both a pair of freeriders and impacts. I would say the freeriders are a tad bit narrow than the impacts. I have fairly narrow feet and both fit great. Your best bet might be the impacts because the "raptor tongue" tongue system they use on it. Its really padded. Which kinda covers your foot and holds it secure. Just a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.