CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??

Atom Labs "GI" bolt on hub

Got th' hub & a 36 hole Mavic EX729 bulit up today. It started pouring the rain while i was putting the cassette on so no ride today. Doesn't seem a whole lot different from the DT Swiss Onyx hub EXCEPT th' GI bolts-on, WHA-HOO! Coupl'a ridin' buds of mine are riding them & so far no probs. These hubs sell @ our LBS for $60. Not too bad for th' price.

A kind soul here on MTBR willin' to help a broth'a out swung by John Henry's Bike Shop in Canada & picked up a set or 2 of North Shore Billet's Go-nuts for me & mailed them south o' their border. A nut for 10mm bolt-on axels WITH an 8mm hex head so I won't have to carry an extra wrench. Sweetness .... AALLL th' WAAYY A'ROUN'....nomesane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    Got th' hub & a 36 hole Mavic EX729 bulit up today. It started pouring the rain while i was putting the cassette on so no ride today. Doesn't seem a whole lot different from the DT Swiss Onyx hub EXCEPT th' GI bolts-on, WHA-HOO! Coupl'a ridin' buds of mine are riding them & so far no probs. These hubs sell @ our LBS for $60. Not too bad for th' price.

A kind soul here on MTBR willin' to help a broth'a out swung by John Henry's Bike Shop in Canada & picked up a set or 2 of North Shore Billet's Go-nuts for me & mailed them south o' their border. A nut for 10mm bolt-on axels WITH an 8mm hex head so I won't have to carry an extra wrench. Sweetness .... AALLL th' WAAYY A'ROUN'....nomesane
    Wow, that's a great idea! But an 8mm allen wrench is still a large size to be carrying around.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    Wow, that's a great idea! But an 8mm allen wrench is still a large size to be carrying around.
    I already carry one, (8mm allen). It's on the allen wrench tool I carry. Comes in REAL handy for crank blots that might work their way loose. And now it will come in handy for takin' th' rearwheel off for flats.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    I already carry one, (8mm allen). It's on the allen wrench tool I carry. Comes in REAL handy for crank blots that might work their way loose. And now it will come in handy for takin' th' rearwheel off for flats.
    Yeah but can you get enough leverage to remove crank bolts/axle bolts with a pocket sized 8mm wrench? How long is the one that you use?
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    Yeah but can you get enough leverage to remove crank bolts/axle bolts with a pocket sized 8mm wrench? How long is the one that you use?
    I get all of my leverage w/ one hand Sorry, I love to do that

Really, here is the wrench I use. It's an anchor, but I see these "pocket tools" on the rack/shelf @ my LBS & others & I just don't have confidance in them. I got mine @ Lowes hardware. It will tighten a crank bolt plenty tight, even w/ one hand. Sorry. It is a bunch of weight in my Camelbak but so is the metal tire lever & the chain breaker & the section of chain & the pump & the tube, etc....you get the picture...yes?
    Attached Images Attached Images