Thread: armored gloves?

mtbr member

armored gloves?

Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations for DH-oriented gloves? Looking for the ones that have full knuckle protection after ramming my hand into a tree this last weekend.

mtbr member
    Fox bomber gloves are good. Just have a look on CRC, there are a load with protection.
    Mountains... because roads are boring
    My GoPro DH Channel <---- Please Subscribe!

mtbr member
    Hey, anyone know if Spec is still making their carbon knuckled DH glove? I don't know the model, but it's from around 2003 or 4...best gloves I've ever used!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hands down the best ones I have ever seen or worn....Dakine Defender. They tick all the boxes for me: comfortable, hard knuckle protection (real leather covered), mesh between the fingers, and heel of hand pad. The pairs I have don't have a funky fit and don't feel cheap like other gloves. Wore a '11 pair for 3 years and only upgraded to the current ones because they were in stock.

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Hey, anyone know if Spec is still making their carbon knuckled DH glove? I don't know the model, but it's from around 2003 or 4...best gloves I've ever used!
    They were making the "BG Fortress" up until last year, but no more. Wish I bought an extra pair, they've saved my hands more than once. Why I chose to occasionally punch rocks I do not know.

But I do. I do.

Spesh site still have some in size "S" left over in their outlet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fgiraffe View Post
    They were making the "BG Fortress" up until last year, but no more. Wish I bought an extra pair, they've saved my hands more than once. Why I chose to occasionally punch rocks I do not know.

But I do. I do.

Spesh site still have some in size "S" left over in their outlet.
    Just my friggin' luck! Looks like I'm going Dakine Defender :/ The look similar, but no carbon on the 1st two fingers' lower knuckles.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

U $ 4 O?
    x2.. Which have armor down the ring and pinky fingers?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The Dakine defender have the pinky and ring finger pads but only on the joint/knuckle of the finger.

I do wish I could get my hands on a pair of the Specialized Fortres Gloves. I passed up a pair because they were $50 but now I want them.

Rogue Exterminator
    Look at motorcycle gloves too.

You can even get light weight ones with carbon fiber knuckles.

armored gloves?-2013-alpinestars-m10-air-carbon-gloves.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am also fan of the Fox Bomber glove perfect fit in the size L, the Dakine Defender looks good as well but the size L in Dakine gloves is to tight and the XL was big.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    my brother has a pair of no fear gloves he got off crc 5 years ago, that are still going strong today, they have full carbon knuckle protection,,,

myself in the past have had a pair of dakine gloves that had carbon knuckle protection, they wore out pretty quick though, within a season, same with the fox gloves ive had to,,, i had a pair of una bombers, they had the d3 rubber knuckle protection, they were more comforatble to wear than the full on carbon ones, as i find they rub on the knuckles were the carbon protection is when youve been wearing them for a while. again though i find the fox gloves seem to wear out quick to, i only seem to get 2 years max out of my gloves before they wearout,