mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone using the 661 wrist wrap pro?

One of my friends broke his wrist on a fall that wasn't so bad and he's out for at least 2.5 months. I now think I want to get some wrist protection before something like that happens to me. I've seen the 661 wrist wrap pro in a store, they seem ok but I was wondering if any of you are using it? or any other suggestions? I have roller blade type wrist protection that I thought of using but I'm also using sram twist shifters and it doesn't work properly together. Thanks.

Team Chilidog!
    After breaking three bones in my wrist, I'm interested in this too.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

ride hard take risks
    I have been using the EVS WB01 wrist brace for 5 years. Usually on one wrist but sometime i need to use one on each. It does take some getting used to at first but after awhile you dont even notice them being there. I dont know how the 661 goes on, looks like the old EVS that was like a sock that you slid your hand through, it would tear at the side seams. The EVS is a neopren cuff that wraps around the wrist then velcros closed you can then set the final tension with the 2 straps. There are 2 stiff foam plates included, I use the thin one, the thick one is way too stiff for me. I am using thumb shifters but im sure you will adjust to the twist after a few rides. Either shift method you will have to get used to wearing them & shifting even riding, you will never notice them in time.

http://www.evs-sports.com/products/p....asp?prodID=51

Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    At least on photo the EVS looks similar to the 661 wrist pro. From what I remember when I looked at it, you kind of slip the 661 on but then there is two velcro strap that go around so I don't think it would tear. Thanks for your suggestion.

biking is fun
    im using one of the 661 wrist wraps and i cant wear it for more than a run or two. it has a wire that runs right through the palm of your hand and after a little dh it starts to hurt. i haven't worn it since.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    I have been using the EVS WB01 wrist brace for 5 years. Usually on one wrist but sometime i need to use one on each. It does take some getting used to at first but after awhile you dont even notice them being there. I dont know how the 661 goes on, looks like the old EVS that was like a sock that you slid your hand through, it would tear at the side seams. The EVS is a neopren cuff that wraps around the wrist then velcros closed you can then set the final tension with the 2 straps. There are 2 stiff foam plates included, I use the thin one, the thick one is way too stiff for me. I am using thumb shifters but im sure you will adjust to the twist after a few rides. Either shift method you will have to get used to wearing them & shifting even riding, you will never notice them in time.

http://www.evs-sports.com/products/p....asp?prodID=51

Thanks! I picked up a couple today. I'll bring 'em to the doc and get his thoughts on it too
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider
    At least on photo the EVS looks similar to the 661 wrist pro. From what I remember when I looked at it, you kind of slip the 661 on but then there is two velcro strap that go around so I don't think it would tear. Thanks for your suggestion.
    If you put your hand through the neopren it will tear at the seams. I warranteed allot of the early EVS ones that were like that, it was the one problem all my customers had. EVS updated there's so you wrap it around your wrist then tension the 2 straps.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    If you put your hand through the neopren it will tear at the seams. I warranteed allot of the early EVS ones that were like that, it was the one problem all my customers had. EVS updated there's so you wrap it around your wrist then tension the 2 straps.
    Hey thanks much, I guess that's the way to go then.