mtbr member

Anyone using the 661 EVO Pressure Suit?

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my lightweight Dainese body armor for something more substantial and am considering the new SixSixOne EVO Pressure Suit. I was wondering if anyone out there is using it and what you think of it?

I'm not experienced with this high impact foam protection and was wondering how it performs compared with conventional plastic over foam armor. Will it really hold up against "belly flopping" on the trail?

Thanks for your opinions.

Underskilled
    Do direct experience apart from trying on in the shop, but to me it looks a major downgrade.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

In Armor We Trust
    I have it, and wear it occasionally. For the sale price I got it for, I can't really complain. I do wish the shoulder and elbow armor was a bit thicker, like the separate 661 DH arm/leg armor mainly use. It's still adequate, and helped for a couple crashes, but is more comparable to XC armor. The built-in spine armor seems pretty good, luckily haven't had to test that out yet.
    DH: Intense 951
    AM: Transition Covert
    FG: KHS Flite 100

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have nothing to compare it against but I have taken a few good spills with this pressure suit and it has done its job. The foam padding seems adequate and the spine armor saved my back from significant soft tissue injuries. My jersey was shredded but my back was unscathed.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the feedback!

mtbr member
    love mine

my fun has a hurting
    if you already have dainese, get better dainese. anything else will be a big step down.

Calm like a Bomb
    I am also considering the evo..the dainese is twice the price for me..is it worth it ? I only ride DH a few times a month and do some light traveling

In Armor We Trust
    Saw the black/red 661 pressure suit pop up on one of Backcountry's ODAT sites today for like $75!
    DH: Intense 951
    AM: Transition Covert
    FG: KHS Flite 100