dmo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

anyone using 5 10 impact high tops?

Does the high top shoe offer any protection from ankle injuries? How does the shoe feel during the summer, is it pretty hot or does it feel ok? Is there anything else thats good for support/protection of ankles?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Been using them for three years. They protect my ankles well, which is why I went high top (joint issues, don't need more of them). No hotter than the Vans I had that they replaced, but by no means are they airy feeling like a running shoe. I don't think they feel too hot, but I wear boots for work. Impacts are clunkier than you may like.
    Try Zappos.com. Good return policy if you don't like them.

Glad to Be Alive
    I have worn hightops from day 1.....I started riding because ankles are worn out from basketball.... I usually just buy a 40 dollar pair of nike force or whatever they call them (make sure arch is not plastic) and if you really have bad ankles I recommend these as well but you can get better price McDavid Ankle Brace - For All Sports - Sport Equipment - Black ....being 50 (yikes) I can tell days I wear ankle braces and days I don't ...On days I don't I can barely walk
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I switched from Impact Highs to Line Kings. The puffiness of the Impacts reduces the support, and the laces don't go through eyelets, so it's a hassle to get them properly tight, and then it's a hassle to get them off at the end of the day. And the laces came undone too often. The Line Kings still have enough protection to make me perfectly happy, and plenty of support, and they're a lot less trouble to get on and off, and they're less bulky - all win IMO.