mtbr member

Anyone tried the Marzocchi Karve saddle?

Curious if it is comfortable enough for all day riding as well as its intended FR/DH use. Supposedly made by Selle Italia but I can't find any reviews of it.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    Curious if it is comfortable enough for all day riding as well as its intended FR/DH use. Supposedly made by Selle Italia but I can't find any reviews of it.
    It's comfortable, but VERY wide. Not the best for pedaling. Also, the vinyl covering tends to cling to nylon, so it can be hard to move around on.

The rails sure aren't gonna bend, though. It's a pretty good saddle overall, but there's better ones out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    ....... but there's better ones out there.
    Recommendations would be appreciated. I was riding the Laser V DH from WTB before I bent two of them(not the rails themselves but where they attach to the seat). Power V DH from WTB was way too wide and rails were too short. Pretty much looking for a slightly oversized saddle that is comfortable for all day riding both up and down.

user-created
    Recommendations would be appreciated.
    I use an Azonic Hotseat. It's got a good shape for pedalling, and easy to slide off the back for descending. It's [relatively] comfortable to ride the nose of the saddle - ie trying to keep a tall front end down on a steep climb.

There's a good amount of padding, with a somewhat durable nylon/kevlar cover.

The rails are super long for tons of adjustability, and now that they make them outa chromoly they won't bend or break either. (Ealier models had Aluminum rails, which broke alot)

Plus they'e pretty cheap. I think pricepoint has um for $34.

Buckle Up
    I've got one, and its great. I think its got the perfect amount of padding and the size is just perfect for me. The durability of the karve is also very good because it's made of real leather. Plus, it looks really cool! I would definately buy another if I needed to.
    <><

IJR
    I Just Ride
    I love that saddle. I've got a Karve on all of my bikes. I guess it fits my butt better than any other saddle I've tried. It's not huge, it's kinda halfway between a big dh saddle and a XC saddle.

I did manage to bend the rails on one of them slipped a pedal landing a jump, bent it back and switched it out with the karve on my XC bike. I've spent over 6 hours pedalling in the mountains on it and haven't had any problems.

I've never experienced anything sticking to it like one of the other posters said but I only wear baggies. Also had some major crashes and haven't torn the sides or back like I have on other saddles. IMO for the price it's a great saddle.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reviews, guys. Will take a look at the hotseat before I make the decision though. It looks nice as well.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by IJR
    I've never experienced anything sticking to it like one of the other posters said but I only wear baggies. Also had some major crashes and haven't torn the sides or back like I have on other saddles. IMO for the price it's a great saddle.
    Mines pretty old, it could be they don't do the sticky covering any more, which was always my beef with it.

It [the carve] is definetly a durable seat, for sure.

I should point out that a) the azonic will tear at the wings with hard use. b) I broke mine last week - popped a rail out of it's socket - but a lil JB weld fixed that. That was a pretty bad crash though.