mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Anyone seen Ryan Berrecloth ride in person?

Just wondering if he is really good, or just a good mtn biker with a great name in the business...

I don't have anything against him, I was just curious if anyone has seen him ride. Does he rock it, or are you faster, go bigger than him, but your last name is not Berreclth?
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnryder56
    Just wondering if he is really good, or just a good mtn biker with a great name in the business...

I don't have anything against him, I was just curious if anyone has seen him ride. Does he rock it, or are you faster, go bigger than him, but your last name is not Berreclth?

Take a look for yourself!

http://vimeo.com/4466461
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

Stay thirsty my friends
    When I changed my name to Max Volume my riding improved immensely.

bike rider
    Meh, he's not much of a jumper so I guess he's sponsored due to race results. He didn't look fast in that clip but maybe he wasn't pinning it.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Ryan is truly a super good ambassador for the sport. He is a very talented rider, who is willing to give back to the sport, very well spoken, and one of the most laid back and humble professionals on a mountain bike.

A better question imho would be is mtnryder56 a troll that has a bit of extra time to post crap on MTBR from his mommy's basement?

mtbr member
    I have ridden with Ryan and he is a solid rider. He hits some very big stuff in the wet. It is easy to say "I would hit that" while watching a movie but in real life with all the other factors that play in I think many people would shy away from some of the lines he builds and hits. Like one of the guys said before, he is a great ambassador and represents his sponsors well and builds some sick stuff. Sometimes there is a lot more to sponsorships than being the nastiest rider.

mtbr member
    I have also heard he bites the heads off live chickens. Fricken bad-a$$.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    He didn't look fast in that clip but maybe he wasn't pinning it.
    When I watched that video (without sound) I got the feeling that it was not at all about "ripping it". More like hitting whatever comes in a calm and controlled way.

I have no clue if he is the fastest or throws the biggest stunts. I just like the style I see on that video.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Darn you caught us, Ryan Berrecloth is just an actor, I am his stunt double, and do all of the actually riding, but unfortunatly my name is Ryan Cubtowel, which does not sound as cool as Berrecloth

Now with More Wood
    He might not have the biggest bag of tricks, nor be the fastest guy on 2 wheels down a mountain, but it looks like the dude has a lot of style, goes big in pretty gnarly conditions - his segment from Kranked 7 is one of my all-time preferred movie parts!
    OK, so that segment has a lot going for it....the North Shore scenery, the cinematography, lots of zip line traveling shots etc...but still, the way he built and rode that really made it outstanding in my eyes.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Yes
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    I have also heard he bites the heads off live chickens. Fricken bad-a$$.
    that is Ozzy
    .....Berrecloth eats heads off trolls
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days