mtbr member

Anyone running dual ply Nevegals tubeless?

Like title says. I have some dual ply 2.5's laying around that I was going to try the Steve Peat cut on (making them remarkably similar to the HR2) and use with some Stans on my 823's. I've heard the horror stories about single ply Nevys with Stans but would think the DH versions would hold up? Good or bad idea?

Cheers!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

I'm with stupid
    I ran them on a set of transition 36 wheels with tape and stans and they held up just fine. As a matter of fact they are still on the wheels holding air since last season sitting in the garage. They also have the "Steve peat cut" on them as well. It changed the tire and made it much better. Its worth a try.

Its got what plants crave
    Do they make a UST version of the 2.5? I have the 2.35s in UST and they're pretty tough tires.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Kewl, thanks!
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    We were told 2 years ago at inter bike that they d be coming out w 2.5 ust nevegals by a Kenda rep. That was 2 years ago. Not out yet as far as I know.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Like title says. I have some dual ply 2.5's laying around that I was going to try the Steve Peat cut on (making them remarkably similar to the HR2) and use with some Stans on my 823's. I've heard the horror stories about single ply Nevys with Stans but would think the DH versions would hold up? Good or bad idea?

Cheers!

G
    Running ghetto tubeless on my "heavy" wheelset... 2.5 neves-single ply front, dual rear.... they have held up over maybe 15-20 lift access/shuttle days very well. I use about 50% stans and 50% tubeless slime.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ran that exact set up (823's and DH 2.5 Nevegals) for 2+ years. Worked perfect. I also ran the folding bead, single ply Nevegals on another bike and actually never had a problem there either. And I didnt ride them lightly. So, absolutley go fo it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    I ran that exact set up (823's and DH 2.5 Nevegals) for 2+ years. Worked perfect. I also ran the folding bead, single ply Nevegals on another bike and actually never had a problem there either. And I didnt ride them lightly. So, absolutley go fo it.
    Thanks!

G