mtbr member
    May 2008

Anyone riding 2013 Marzocchi 888?

So I just ordered a 2013 888 rc3. It won't be in for a couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone has one and if so how do you like it? I'm anxious to try these guys again. The last couple of 888's I had were 04 or 05's and they were great from what I can remember.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a 2012 888 rc3 and it rules. There are 4 spring weights avail and it comes with the second to lightest. Being 220lbs the second to stiffest gave the correct sag. Oil changes are easy, I use golden Spectro 7.5 but the company recommends some other type now that is a bit more viscous (can't remember what it's called). Also when you do an oil change Get some molykote 55 o-ring grease to grease the seals with. There's a great video on YouTube of Dave garland (Danny hart's mechanic now) doing a rebuild that's very informative.

Overall the fork is awesome and feels great. Easy to work on and built very well. You made a good decision dude enjoy it.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Re: Anyone riding 2013 Marzocchi 888?

Quote Originally Posted by gate49 View Post
    I have a 2012 888 rc3 and it rules. There are 4 spring weights avail and it comes with the second to lightest. Being 220lbs the second to stiffest gave the correct sag. Oil changes are easy, I use golden Spectro 7.5 but the company recommends some other type now that is a bit more viscous (can't remember what it's called). Also when you do an oil change Get some molykote 55 o-ring grease to grease the seals with. There's a great video on YouTube of Dave garland (Danny hart's mechanic now) doing a rebuild that's very informative.

Overall the fork is awesome and feels great. Easy to work on and built very well. You made a good decision dude enjoy it.
    Great thanks for your reply! I can't wait for it to show up. Its got to be better then my boxxer RC.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    waiting for my Triple 8's to arrive (should be in tomorrow!)

upgrading from an old Super T fork to these. Super excited. expectations are high. i have been reading good things about the fork so far.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Mine finally showed up! I can't wait to install and test them out this weekend!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I think you'll both love them. I was super impressed, coming from a 2012 Boxxer R2C2. The chassis and small bump performance are awesome.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    I think you'll both love them. I was super impressed, coming from a 2012 Boxxer R2C2. The chassis and small bump performance are awesome.
    Nice, I was debating between the r2c2 and this as well.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Well I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. The 888 rc3 feels hyper sensitive compared to my old Boxxer RC. I definitely prefer the 888's bottoming resistance as well. Beginning stroke, mid stroke, and ending stroke all seemed buttery smooth with no spikes or any other surprises of that nature. Very little to no break in time. I'm not sure its possible to get much better then this. Only lighter, as I purchased the non-ti version. I also swapped my vivid 5.1 coil for a roco WC air that I'm also amazed by. I should have never left Marzocchi. Highly recommended! I can't wait to ride it some more next weekend!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Awesome dude. I had another great weekend riding my CR. I've been fighting a too soft spring rate on the jumps at highland, but over at jiminy, which is just steep, balls out natural stuff, the fork is superb. I just open it up, and it goes...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    rode my new 2013 CR 888's at snow summit ca this weekend. I was VERY impressed with the ride feel and how they handled. Night and day difference over my previous Super T marzocchi fork. i would absolutely recommend this fork to friends and other riders.

mtbr member
    May 2008

So do you guys clean and lubricate your "sealing rings" every ride like it says in the owners manual?