mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Idea! anyone ride a canyon torque frx?

hey guys,

any one on a canyon torque frx??? just wondering what they are like and how they go size wise.
    I am wondering as looking for a 2nd bike for DH riding and seems to be a prtty good deal on a 2009 model. only thing is as far as i can tell they dont have a shop that you can actually go into.

heres the one im looking at Canyon | Outlet | Mountainbikes

cheers guys

If you think you can
    I've never ridden on, or known anybody with one. But, it looks like a good build from the link.

mtbr member
    Friend used to ride for them the bike isn't bad at all, basic catalog bike but good build spec. Pedalled around a bit and rode ot a few times if the price is right the bikes not bad.

It is a catalog bike with no retail outlets or at least it was but based on spec if you get it cheap enough the components are worth it sell frame and transfer stuff over. It'll be a 135 rear and 68/73 bb so rear wheel and cranks will be swapped more than likely if you go to another frame.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    all right, cheers guys might give it til march or so and see if anything else pops if not ill grab one. it is really pushing the budget for a 2nd bike though

Bullcrew: any idea how they go size wise im 6foot on the dot and riding a large yeti 575 at the moment?

i just wish we paid in euro what you do in the usa for a bike almost worth coming over for a riding holiday and buying a bike while they haha

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    lots and lots of people ride these in germany.. its not just cos its cheap, there are other just as cheap options here, but they ride decent as well, they arent the best, but certainly among the middle good and what they dont have in newest angles etc, they make up for in durability and solid spec.

I would not hesitate getting one if the budget fits.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpr3186 View Post
    all right, cheers guys might give it til march or so and see if anything else pops if not ill grab one. it is really pushing the budget for a 2nd bike though

Bullcrew: any idea how they go size wise im 6foot on the dot and riding a large yeti 575 at the moment?

i just wish we paid in euro what you do in the usa for a bike almost worth coming over for a riding holiday and buying a bike while they haha
    Go large they are steeper ha and bb in real life and then as stated slack ot out with angleset it will open it up.
    If your on a 575 large then I'd go large on this if your pedalling etc the wheelbase if I remember correct was a smidge short so large frame and angleset.

I'll be riding with bobby tommorrow I'll see if he still has his old set up floating around and check it out.

He rides for rosa now, so don't know if its hanging around.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

Glad to Be Alive
    catalog bike ..Check.Azonic B-52 and KHS Lucky 7

6 foot definately large
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-12-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew View Post
    Go large they are steeper ha and bb in real life and then as stated slack ot out with angleset it will open it up.
    If your on a 575 large then I'd go large on this if your pedalling etc the wheelbase if I remember correct was a smidge short so large frame and angleset.

I'll be riding with bobby tommorrow I'll see if he still has his old set up floating around and check it out.

He rides for rosa now, so don't know if its hanging around.
    If he has itr lying around any chance he wants to sell it?

cheers guys, now just time to save a few more $$$

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    hey guys,

any one on a canyon torque frx??? just wondering what they are like and how they go size wise.
    I am wondering as looking for a 2nd bike for DH riding and seems to be a prtty good deal on a 2009 model. only thing is as far as i can tell they dont have a shop that you can actually go into.

heres the one im looking at Canyon | Outlet | Mountainbikes[/url]

cheers guys
    Why wouldn't you look at the new Torque frx 6.0 or 5.0? Price is about the same and their specs are pretty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    catalog bike ..Check.Azonic B-52 and KHS Lucky 7
    This is not the same straight-outta-Astro-catalog frame as the ones mentioned. Design is of course quite similar.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tmmt View Post
    Why wouldn't you look at the new Torque frx 6.0 or 5.0? Price is about the same and their specs are pretty fine.

This is not the same straight-outta-Astro-catalog frame as the ones mentioned. Design is of course quite similar.
    If buying new i would go the FRX 6.0 but they have a new 2009 model 9.0 up for 1800gbp, hence same price as the 6.0 basically for a slightly older frame, doesnt worry me i just bought my other frame which is an 07.

guess you could say im living in the past man

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by tmmt View Post

xtension bikes.....always slight updates but same bike
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    xtension bikes.....always slight updates but same bike
    An old thread but thought I would respond as this was one of the first results when I was searching for info on this bike. I've just contacted Canyon to ask who designed the frame, their answer was "All of our bikes are designed tested and assembled in house. We don't ever use any off the shelf frames."

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by downbeat73 View Post
    An old thread but thought I would respond as this was one of the first results when I was searching for info on this bike. I've just contacted Canyon to ask who designed the frame, their answer was "All of our bikes are designed tested and assembled in house. We don't ever use any off the shelf frames."
    Yes, they are. They design and test their bike really seriously.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hi,

I'm in the same position now, planning on getting the Torque FRX but they only have a Large left. I'm just about 6 foot also.

What size did you go for in the end?

Thanks,
    Ste