Abby Design & Constructio
    Feb 2012

Anyone living in Boone, NC wanna teach me how to whip? I'm 15 and need help

I live in Boone, NC and love to ride all-mountain. Really Want to learn to do a good whip on my Specialized Enduro (150mm travel). Also like to learn to ride jumps with some style. Maybe help me on getting more air at that road gap? If your interested in just meeting up with me at Rocky Knob sometime message me. Would really appreciate it. One more thing if you can help... I want to hit that drop off the rock at Rocky Knob in the skills area. Off the rock.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    look into getting some tuition mate,,, it's the best and quickest way to learn.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Tuition? I would be willing to help you out but I am not local, ride there a few times a year though. Best thing to do is just go ride and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Take calculated risks though, especially if riding alone. People can coach you and give you tips and advice till they are blue in the face but its ultimately up to you. There are plenty of technique and how-to videos and articles, do some research and read up/watch them and take what you learn to the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    yes mate. tuition! from a qualified coach. they will asses your ability and decide what areas need work, then start from there. you will learn the right skill and technique, that way you will leanr more and progress quicker, and be realativly safe to.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    look into getting some tuition mate,,, it's the best and quickest way to learn.
    Look at this way.. If you want to learn how to do something, you take lessons to work on form. People pay for all sorts of lessons, but pass on biking. Anyone who has ever spent the money to "Take Lessons" or "Ride with a Pro" will absolutely support this mentality.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell View Post
    Look at this way.. If you want to learn how to do something, you take lessons to work on form. People pay for all sorts of lessons, but pass on biking. Anyone who has ever spent the money to "Take Lessons" or "Ride with a Pro" will absolutely support this mentality.
    exactly mate,,,
    this is what makes me laugh in the mtb world. people wont think twice about dropping 3-7k on the latest bike. 900+ on a new fork. 400+ for a lightweight crank, 80+ for a pair of 5:10's. and 100+ on a trail pack 200+ for a tld helmet..... but they wont pay 50-70 for a days tuition to learn the fundamentals of dh/ freeride. or general mtb.