GRAVITY IS GOOD

Anyone have a 661 full bravo carbon fullface??

I've been checking out new fullface helmets for a while now, and it seems like the 661 full bravo carbon is a killer helmet for a killer price. I like the idea that it's relatively light yet still provides max protection, but I cannot find a single review on the d@mn thing. What's up!?!?!? I figured that almost every product is represented somewhere on this board so I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with it and what do they think.

Oh, I have also heard that 661 helmets tend to run a little small, is this true?? Any info would be greatly appreciated because if this item is bunk, I don't want to find out the hard way.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    well, I can't speak for everyone, but the reason I don't have a carbon is that I picked the regular version, felt almost no difference in weight, saw the $60 clearance tag on the regular and that's all she wrote. The regular one is awesome. Fits great, comfy and solid. As for sizing, fit, etc., I strongly suggest you try them on. Don't buy off the web without trying it on.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    The fit is a little tighter that say a Troy Lee, thats why I bought one.

Midwest Rider
    I just ordered one for $130 off the net after reading the regular full bravo reviews. No LBS around me keeps anything I want in stock. price is so much discounted vs. LBS i don't mind if i have to pay to ship it back. Of course i'd rather not so I took the suggestions on the store's site and people's reviews here and now i can only hope.

According to the site the cut-off between medium and large for 661 helmets is 58 cm. I measured my head and it was yep, 58 cm. I chose the large, as people here have said the full bravos run small.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have both the carbon and regular. They fit the same....seem to weigh the same....

The only difference to me is one looks like carbon...I got it on sale and I had taken a few too many dings to the melon in the old one so I retired it.

Glad to Be Alive
    sizing feels the same to me as the azonic helmets. I really like mine. Very light and comfortable...also good ventilation for those hot days
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

kona-tize me captain
    661 full bravo carbon is a sick helmet. its deff worth everything, light weight comfortable and lots of vents. i love mine and it can tkae a beating. so far i havent been to worried with gouging the carbon fiber but if i do 661 has a great crash replacemnt policy(or so im told). it feels pretty close to a TLD i think TLD have a thikcer padding but there both ver comfrotable but u pay double for a TLD. so u decide lol. most people say the only difference between the two is paint job. helmets are desgined to take a beating so who needs a paint job just go clear carbon finish. overall its a great helmet man.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

GRAVITY IS GOOD
    WORD!!!!!!!!! That's the type of information that I was looking for.

Thanks for posting replies as none of the lbs's carry fullface helmets. Unfortunately down here at the @ss-end of the good ole U.S.of A., no one carries anything remotely close to the type of goods and equipment that I use, so I have to order everything, and as I'm sure everyone knows, if you get your lbs to special order anything it is going to cost a sh!tload, and then if it isn't exactly right, it can often-times cost more.

Thanks everyone, and if anyone has any more info on this helmet, please feel free to reply as any info is good info.

Glad to Be Alive
    here you go carbon boy
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 09:26 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

GRAVITY IS GOOD
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    here you go carbon boy
    Either the helmet is making me drool, or that's the "king of beers" I just spat up when I read your reply. LOL. There's nothing like good humor and ice cold beer, or two or three, on a friday afternoon, actually early evening here on the east coast.

'PRECIATE IT BRO!!!

Midwest Rider

Received mine today

Well, mine came in today. The large feels a bit roomy and comfortable. But reading the instructions I tried pulling the helmet down to block my vision and up to expose my forehead. The helmet can block my vision a little and expose my forehead and chin completely.

Even though it feels good sitting on my head now I think I should send back to exchange for a medium. damn, hope the medium is comfy too.

mtbr member
    I just got the Full Bravo too and I got a large, mine is a tad big too and I can exspose my forehead a little, it doe's move down but not enough to block my vision. I've been thinking about sending it back and getting a medium, but I dont think I can send it back now that it's been on 2 rides with me, eh I dont know. Let me know how the medium fits, I just have a feeling it will be just too small and cutting the curculation off on my head.
    -Nate
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie