mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anybody have any experience with the Weyless B-37 MX or Wellgo Wam B67 Pedals?

Looking to get a new pair of pedals which have sealed bearings without breaking the bank. Just curious to see if they will hold up to alot of abuse.

i should be working

i say no

i had the b-27's. they lasted 2 months of urban riding then i blew out the bearings. as for them being "sealed" its a load of crap. they claim to have cartridge bearings but when mine blew up they were open ball bearings, just like cheap hubs and headsets.

if you want some good flat pedals go look at some bmx sites. dans competition is a good mail order bmx place and they will sell you some good sealed pedals. and some good unsealed too. a good sealed pedal will cost you about 70$. dont get too caught up in the seaded/unsealed thing. i have an old pair of GT platforms that are unsealed and i have been using them off and on for about ten years.

i'd stay away from them because they look like they will have the same spindle/bearing set up as the ones i got. but then again maybe i just got a bad pair.

Pro Crastinator
    there is always some dude on e-bay selling a boatload of the Kona Jackshit pedals for like $20. swoop up a pair of these and forget about your pedals for a few years......

jtd
    mtbr member

b-37

I have had the B-37s for 2 seasons and beat on them pretty good. One of my favorite pedals... Cheap ($40) and sticky... The only problem I have is that the pins are only replaceable from the top. Seems stupid since one of the only reasons to replace the pins is when you slam them, and at that point you have to use a plier to get them out. Bearings have lasted great in mine...