mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Any U.S. bike park open end of November or early December?

Thinking about a late November or early December trip next year, are there any bike parks in the U.S. open that late?
    Last edited by jgdblue; 12-20-2017 at 02:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Wind rock in Tennessee and I think balleys in North Carolina is year round now as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro Crastinator
    Bootleg Canyon

mtbr member
    Bailey in NC. Windrock in TN is open most weekends, I believe. Weather can be hit or miss at both places.

Bailey is worth a trip from anywhere though. Make sure you get advance tickets there, if the weather's nice they run out of capacity (last time I was there the parking lot was completely full as was every shuttle).

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    Bootleg Canyon
    This!

Pivotal figure
    Bootleg is awesome but it's a shuttle or ride to the top kind of place, no chairlift.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    There is nowhere in the country that has dedicated, lift access, year round DH riding.

ALL lifts are built for skiing, they've just barely learned in the last few years that you can also put bikes on in the summer!

mtbr member
    Wind rock uses old school buses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    There is nowhere in the country that has dedicated, lift access, year round DH riding.
    technically true, but it you remove the lift requirement there are at least 2 in the US and one in Canada that have year round, dedicated, shuttle-access DH riding.

Bailey Mountain Bike Park
    https://windrockbikepark.com/
    https://www.coastgravitypark.ca/

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    technically true, but it you remove the lift requirement there are at least 2 in the US and one in Canada that have year round, dedicated, shuttle-access DH riding.

Bailey Mountain Bike Park
    https://windrockbikepark.com/
    https://www.coastgravitypark.ca/
    Bootleg is no different, and some of the gnarliest terrain I've ever ridden!

They have a lot of trails that are pedal up, pedal down. But they do run a shuttle to the top and those runs are nothing short of epic DH. Year round. Buuuut... I would not venture there March-October.

Glad to Be Alive
    Bootleg is no different, and some of the gnarliest terrain I've ever ridden!

They have a lot of trails that are pedal up, pedal down. But they do run a shuttle to the top and those runs are nothing short of epic DH. Year round. Buuuut... I would not venture there March-October.
    early mornings are good.....and I would shorten that to May - Oct....but still hit some 6 am to 10 am runs...then roll by the pool around noon, then nap ...then evening is for pizza hookers, gambling, tequilla and beers
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Highland is bikes only lift access and no skiing in winter. Their seasons runs until Veterans day however this year due to good weather they were open until Thanksgiving weekend and currently trying to get going for lift access fat bike DH. Weather is just nuts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink View Post
    Highland is bikes only lift access and no skiing in winter. Their seasons runs until Veterans day however this year due to good weather they were open until Thanksgiving weekend and currently trying to get going for lift access fat bike DH. Weather is just nuts.
    Yeah, I had read that they stopped ski access there all-together because of the lack of snow. Those lifts were originally there to serve skiers, but times, they do change... Looks like this year they are actually opening some weekends. Simply awesome!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yeah, I had read that they stopped ski access there all-together because of the lack of snow. Those lifts were originally there to serve skiers, but times, they do change... Looks like this year they are actually opening some weekends. Simply awesome!
    Highland was bought by mt bikers. They are doing some grooming for downhill winter fat this year. Never say never.