mtbr member

Antidote Lifeline

Some of you may have seen this some may have not. It's pretty unique and well thought out IMO. Antidote LifeLine Link

maker of trail
    Yeah, seen renderings/photos of that before, looks like it could be a nice frame though!

The shock orientation would be a PITA if you tweak a lot, or until you got it set.

http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/sho...hp/photo/10796

With out some kind of mud/rock guard the shock shaft would be directly hit my mud/rocks thrown from the rear wheel and likely get pitted etc in short order...

and... I wish people would not spout crap like this, greatly reduces credibility IMO:

"We wanted to achieve great sensitivity on small bumps to improve traction, even with an air shock. The shock is compressed from both sides to help increase the sensitivity. The leverage ratio at the beginning of the stroke is higher to overcame seal stiction."

mtbr member
    I agree with you on all counts. A shock protector is essential on this frame IMO. Many other new frames look like they need some sort of protections for the shock as well. Maybe something that actually attaches to the shock like the stanchion guards on upside down forks would work.

Marketing works on some people and doesn't on others. The floating shock that compresses from both sides does allow for more precise tuning of the curve from what I understand. That's why DW did it on the Revolt and apparently why Commencal is doing it on their new DH proto...

All frame have compromises one way or another. If the overall performance outweighs the compromises then you've got yourself a winner.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    In this case, it could be suggested that the shock is compressed on both ends to avoid SC's VPP patent. I've not read the patent so don't know for sure, but it's got counter rotating links...

maker of trail
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTech

Marketing works on some people and doesn't on others. The floating shock that compresses from both sides does allow for more precise tuning of the curve from what I understand. That's why DW did it on the Revolt and apparently why Commencal is doing it on their new DH proto...
    Yeah patent avoidance and it takes one load point off of the frame. I think regarding "useful" leverage curves, I don't think there is much to gain from the floating shock.

DenverDH'er
    Very nice.

I don't like how they stole the "topo" graphics from race face though.