Anyone had any experience with this?

Also can some one help out with sizing?

Where's the chair lift?

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWest View Post
    Hi All

Anyone had any experience with this?

Also can some one help out with sizing?
    I have the carbon version for MX and use a sz L. Lite, takes a little getting used to. Its not too hard to figure the sizing out, just go to a local MX shop and try them on.. Have you looked here? ---->http://alpinestarsinc.com/cycling/ne...ial_blend.html You can access both braces from the link. I put the link in for the less expensive SB version of the BNS. There is a posting on this forum section here asking about the braces etc. I like the A-Stars set up but the Leatt is nice too and works nicely as well.

Im not too sure what you are asking as far as experience with the brace. No, crashes that I have needed it to work or anything, I do know that proper fit is a big key. Helmet and brace need to work in conjunction. Some helmets make contact with the brace sooner than others etc. You dont want too much space in between the brace and the bottom of the helmet. Manual and videos show the fit process. Its def a good piece of equipment to have in your gear bag.

My MTB Ride: 2011 Intense M9 Other bike: 09 KX450F

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    My wife and I have them. Nice kit, a little heavier than the Leatt, needs to be fitted carefully like any neck brace. Sizing is critical since there's no adjustment. Try on at a local shop if you can. I wear a large and have been pairing it with an Urge Down-O-Matic helmet. On the trail I have good range of motion in my neck, no issues with step-ups, etc yet my helmet firmly contacts the brace well before my neck is over-extended. Overall, it's fairly invisible once you get used to it. I like the x-strap system, super low-profile, no bulky straps over the jersey. I've crashed a few times with it on, felt a bit of pressure on my collar bone once from the brace but it didn't break.

Uphill? What's that
    I have been using the BNS for about a month. I don't even notice it anymore. I have only had a minor fall with it on. Both the leatt and alpine star neck braces are good products. Just make sure you get the proper size.