Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

All fan/lovers/owners of raw frames share your pics! Just polished my DHR

5K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Scary 
#1 ·
Spent a couple nights watching tv and hand polishing. Used a cordless drill and mothers power cone to get in the tight spots. Pretty stoked on it, we'll see how long it takes before it oxidizes and gets cloudy again. Used mothers mag aluminum wheels polish, and some aluminum wheels sealant to deter oxidation for a little longer.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol trust me I get to staring at it and see all sorts of spots that could be better, it's a vicious cycle. If it was going to last, I would take it all apart and polish it properly in my shop on a high speed polishing wheel but that's too much effort knowing it'll be back to normal in a month. I was contemplating getting it powder coated but after seeing how good it looks polished up illnever get it painted.

#15 ·
had a few silver/chrome bikes over the years...

first was uncle cliffy's Intense SS that he let me borrow all summer while i waited for my non-existent Evil Revolt to show up - took that thing down the pro track at hood, amazing little bike

next one was my chromed cove shocker that i bought because my revolt still hadnt shown up and i wanted a bike with me when i went off to college

and now my current trail bike (she's for sale!! 2600$) - the brovert

spent way too much time polishing handlebars and cranks and fork crowns haha - ready for a murdered out carbonium bike

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.