Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    The One was designed to be a do-everything AM/FR/DH bike that can be pedaled. The linear axle path of the One and its linkage angles make it climb quite well, albeit a bit softer than some AM bikes by virtue of the fact that you've got 7 or 8" of travel in back. To change the travel, you just unbolt the back end of the shock and switch it to the other mounting hole. Mine has a sort of floaty feeling while climbing, but it climbs VERY quickly. Massive traction. 65-degree head angle makes it feel very DH bike-ish on the descents. Very strong, too. You can put a dual crown on it and it doesn't void the warranty. Mine tips the scales at around 33lb with a good but not extravagant build with a DBair in back and Float 180 on front.

The Jedi (Never owned one, but ridden one) is a pure DH machine. Not built for climbing, built for eating rocks, jumps, and drops. The axle path of the new Jedi has ~9" of upward travel, and ~2.5" of rearward travel. That rearward travel helps soak up square-edged hits and not lose forward momentum. It works. Boy, does it work! The bike feels incredibly smooth, and you just keep gaining speed, even through rough stuff. 63-deg head angle on the 2014 is VERY slack, and able to handle speed and steep rocks very well. The older ones were a bit heavier than the current model. I've seen a few of the new 2014 Jedi builds in the mid to upper 30-lb range, which is what many if not most current DH bikes are at. Very competitive in weight. But both of the bikes are VERY high quality. Well thought out oversized linkage pivot bearings, clean cable paths, and super strong.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1ORBUST View Post
    I know they do...My only concern is i'm a pretty ruff rider. I know the IH were blowing lower links pretty fast.

I always wanted a Sunday. IH Mini sunday!
    The lower link was an issue only with the MK III's. I've never ever heard of a link or rear triangle issue with the 7 or 6 Points. They're among the toughest, most capable bikes ever built. I bought mine from one of IH's World Cup riders and I can assure you, you aren't as ruff on your bike as he is! Still going strong after 8 years of solid DH and FR use.

Cheers,

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

7" travel DH bike

It sounds like a voltage would be nearly exactly what you are looking for. Get a used one with the boxxer rc on it. I was on one until I upgraded to a session and now a Wilson. It's a great value and it is vary versatile. A ton of the bikes that have been listed are better overall bikes but I think you will get more value in your price range with something like a voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    The lower link was an issue only with the MK III's. I've never ever heard of a link or rear triangle issue with the 7 or 6 Points. They're among the toughest, most capable bikes ever built. I bought mine from one of IH's World Cup riders and I can assure you, you aren't as ruff on your bike as he is! Still going strong after 8 years of solid DH and FR use.

Cheers,

G

They links are pretty beefy on these bikes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3