Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Not as many as u might think. A lot of people like their 26ers and will likely keep them for as long as possible because they don't believe the hype and I'm one of them. 26ers are better as far as I'm concerned and I won't make the switch for as long as my bike is still able to roll.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

YYZ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I too always rode 26ers. Dont like 29ers although they do make good cx bikes. 650b is also not to bad but I still prefer 26ers. I guess its just that way more bikes are coming out with a 27.5 wheel set and how it is kind of a norm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Not as many as u might think. A lot of people like their 26ers and will likely keep them for as long as possible because they don't believe the hype and I'm one of them. 26ers are better as far as I'm concerned and I won't make the switch for as long as my bike is still able to roll.
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    I mean how many racers sell their bike at the end of the season to get the newest colour-way? Or are under sponsor obligations to run the latest model? Or realize that they could possibly be leaving 10ths of seconds on the track by not switching to a larger wheelsize? Or are in need of a new bike this year as their current ride is slightly dated in the geo department for full on DH racing?

But yeah, everybody is going to be keeping their 26er DH bikes regardless of the level they compete at...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    You should look into the Airborne toxin, it has a rockshox 180 mil front fork and a new one costs 1700

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    I mean how many racers sell their bike at the end of the season to get the newest colour-way? Or are under sponsor obligations to run the latest model? Or realize that they could possibly be leaving 10ths of seconds on the track by not switching to a larger wheelsize? Or are in need of a new bike this year as their current ride is slightly dated in the geo department for full on DH racing?

But yeah, everybody is going to be keeping their 26er DH bikes regardless of the level they compete at...

I didn't say everybody was going to keep their bikes. I said not as many as you might think would be selling them. So don't get your sarcastic panties in a tangle just because someone doesn't totally agree with you. It comes across as being a little douchie. Some riders will obviously sell their bikes for new ones, but not the majority of riders. Sponsored riders/pros do not make up the majority of riders. Your average rider/weekend warrior isn't going to sell/buy a new bike every year.

Anyway, good luck on your hunt for a 7" travel 26er YYZ. Let us know what you get.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

YYZ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Never heard of Airborne. Just searched it. It's a super cheap bike. But that is what I am afraid of. Do you have any experience with this manufacturer?

mtbr member

Re: 7" travel DH bike

I just ordered this 2015 Trek Session Park with 190mm of travel and 26 wheel.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Awesome looking bike. How does it ride?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

7" travel DH bike

Awesome looking bike. How does it ride?
    Doesn't come out till Oct. sadly. Same frame as the Trek Session but shortened the chain stay to make it more playful. I'm hoping it will be awesome ha ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

7" travel DH bike

I rode a trek session 8 today at Stevens pass. First FS and 26" I ever rode. That was plush. I was riding stuff I would never touch with my ht.29"

Also they will be selling some of their rentals soon as trek give them new equip.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    Try to find a Canfield One. 7 or 8" in the rear, depending on the linkage mount hole you choose. Built like a tank, but still light. Climbs like an AM bike, descends like a nimble DH bike. I'm running a Float 180 fork on mine, and it feels great. It also doesn't void the warranty to put a dual crown on it, so you can go full DH (and still be able to pedal when needed). They were just discontinued this past year, so you'll have to see if you can find one used. But even used, the bike is absolutely amazing. Just do a google search on the bike and you'll see how beloved the bike is. Same with Canfield as a company. Top shelf guys, and even better products.

And sorry, I'm not selling mine. Ever.

true words....this is really the bike you want
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by YYZ View Post
    Haha I believe you. Never seen that bike before. Seems like the SX trail, really awesome. Sucks that they discontinued it. Searched it on pinkbike and craigslist and can't find any for sale

Anyways does Canfield only sell frames?
    rides better then the SX....a way better climber and the same descending....but the rear wheel path of the One goes over stuff slightly better
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    SMT... I agree. I rode my 2011 ONE for everything till I built my '14 Jedi over the winter. It then became just my trail bike, at least until the Balance shows up at my door!! It will become my loaner DH bike at that time. The crew at Canfield are nothing but top notch. OP needs to keep looking for a used the ONE frame and build up from there. It's not the fastest climber but definitely gets the job done leaving you in good shape for the fast and fun DH run
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

YYZ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What are the main differences between the Jedi and One, except the one being discontinued? I would buy a frame but only if I get a good deal on it as I don't have too much cash to spend on a new bike. $2500 is what I have.

My arm hurts a little
    I'm in the same situation.

Waiting a mini dh bike for park like whistler/big bear.

Currently on the 1st type tranisition blindside. Something about the rig I just don't like I want off it stat!

My bro has a stashed IH 7 point frame. Just think about throwing my 888 air dropped to 7inch. 7/7 would be lively as fuk!

Thought on IH 7 as park bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    ^^ I'm using my 6 Point for a park bike right now and it's wicked fun. I have an Avy 8.75" shock so it actually has 7" travel (same rear triangle as 7 point). Running a Lyrik DH 170 front with a Works -1.5 deg angleset on her and she RIPS! Those old DW link bikes still ride better than 85% of the current offerings; no joke!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member

Re: 7" travel DH bike

Quote Originally Posted by #1ORBUST View Post
    I'm in the same situation.

Waiting a mini dh bike for park like whistler/big bear.

Currently on the 1st type tranisition blindside. Something about the rig I just don't like I want off it stat!

My bro has a stashed IH 7 point frame. Just think about throwing my 888 air dropped to 7inch. 7/7 would be lively as fuk!

Thought on IH 7 as park bike?
    You should check out the park session. Its got a shorter chainstay to make it more playful then the normal dh session. I getting mine for 3400 plus tax.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Still some new Uzzi frames available. Makes a great park/all around bike.

Intense Uzzi Frame 2014 | Frames | Intense Cycles USA
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    ^^ I'm using my 6 Point for a park bike right now and it's wicked fun. I have an Avy 8.75" shock so it actually has 7" travel (same rear triangle as 7 point). Running a Lyrik DH 170 front with a Works -1.5 deg angleset on her and she RIPS! Those old DW link bikes still ride better than 85% of the current offerings; no joke!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    I know they do...My only concern is i'm a pretty ruff rider. I know the IH were blowing lower links pretty fast.

I always wanted a Sunday. IH Mini sunday!

YYZ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Still some new Uzzi frames available. Makes a great park/all around bike.

Intense Uzzi Frame 2014 | Frames | Intense Cycles USA
    It's awesome how they are still selling them. However, I will only have enough money for the frame and I will have to wait another couple of years to get enough money to build it up.

rollin
    I know they do...My only concern is i'm a pretty ruff rider. I know the IH were blowing lower links pretty fast.

I always wanted a Sunday. IH Mini sunday!

The 7pt is good at shocking and gnarling!

Do it!!! It's a collector's item. The last year that they made them, the design was refined and improved over the older 7pt. They got rid of the bent top tube and made the bike longer/faster/lower/slacker with more Sam Hill steeze.

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
    The 7pt is good at shocking and gnarling!

Do it!!! It's a collector's item. The last year that they made them, the design was refined and improved over the older 7pt. They got rid of the bent top tube and made the bike longer/faster/lower/slacker with more Sam Hill steeze.
    If I paint it a day glow color everyone will think I'm rocking a 2015 bike anyway.

rollin
    ... i'm a pretty ruff rider.

You should advertise at the truck stops.

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
    You should advertise at the truck stops.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by YYZ View Post
    What are the main differences between the Jedi and One, except the one being discontinued? I would buy a frame but only if I get a good deal on it as I don't have too much cash to spend on a new bike. $2500 is what I have.
    The Jedi is an 8" FR/DH bike, slack head angle (64 degrees on my 2011), strong (read: heavy) with enough rearward movement in the axle path that it needs an extra pulley on the seat tube to keep chain growth manageable.

The One was more of a long-travel all-mountain bike. Conventional axle path, no idler pulley, not as heavy, steeper head angle. I think they had 7" / 180mm of rear travel but don't take my word for it.

$2500 is probably reasonable for either, depending on the year (2009 sure, 2014 nope) but I've seen very few for sale, so it's hard to say.

A used Jedi is much more likely to include a dual-crown fork and will probably have stronger/heavier parts all around, and the frames were more expensive in the first place, so a used Jedi will likely cost more than used One from the same model year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast