mtbr member

661 vapor, Fox Titan suit or Titan knock off?

First off, is anyone roc-n the 661 Vapor suits that can give some feedback on fit? I have tried on the Fox and like it, but not the spit it the chest plate. The knock off is almost exactly the same as the Fox, but it's coming from China and 2 riding weekends will pass before I get it, but It's half the price of the 2. I have been leaning towards the Vapor, because of the breast plate, and it looks solid, but will still breath.

661 Vapor Pressure Suit at Price Point
    Fox Racing Titan Protective Sport Suit: Black; XL | eBay
    Motorcycle Full Body Armor Protector Pro Street Motocross ATV Jacket Shirt (Large) : Amazon.com : Automotive
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 10-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.

mtbr member
    I use an XL 661 vapor suit. I'm 6"5" around 205 pounds. My only gripe is that the arms are either too stretchy or too long b/c the elbow pads seem to migrate south even when I cinch the straps down tight.

Well, not only gripe - the torso is a bit short on me too, but I'm taller than average. The suit is built for an eastern mountain gorilla- really long arms & short torso.

Airflow - good. Backplate, chest & shoulders - good. Sizing - a little off. I've had 2 moderate crashes in the suit, both in rocks, and it did its job well.

I haven't used any of the other armour you're looking at so no comment.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

Lightly salted
    I use a 661 Vapor and for me it fits great. Every thing stays in place and snug. Only 1 crash with mine, chest first into the rocks which probably would have broke some ribs. I walked away with just the breath knocked out of me. My only compliant is it's bulky, this is also my first full body suit and can't compare to any other brands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have the 661 Comp Pressure - wore it only once and switched to a more streamlined POC VPD jacket. Shoulder pads on the 661 were too big for my taste.

If you are interested - you can have the Comp Pressure for $50 shipped

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Maybe consider the RockGardn Flak Jacket also, it's pretty versatile in the fact that you can wear the chest protector and spine plate separate from the arm/shoulder pads. The fit is pretty comfortable also. If you shop around you can find one for same price as the fox.